Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is everyone using to strap things to the luggage rack; bungee cords, rubber straps, other? I am not sure how well bungee cords will hold up. I also want something that won't scratch the chrome rack.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
i always carry some bungees.... you just never know what you don't know... they work just fine..and they're cheap

Reactions: Lou_VTX

·
Registered
618 Posts
If you can't find bungee's with rubber coated hooks, buy some Plasti-Dip.
It's a rubberized coating for tool handles, etc. It comes in a can about
1/2 the size of a tennis ball can and you just dip the object in the can to
coat it and let it dry. It will provide you some protection from scratches
from the metal hooks.

Reactions: Lou_VTX

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I just picked up a small cargo net with plastic hooks (15"X15") for about $10. Works great. A little more security than just bungies.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I found some plastic hooked bungee cords at Sears a year or so ago.

So, you have that option too.

Ride Safe & Ride Often.

OhioBob

·
Lady Rider
4,246 Posts
bungee net works much better, much more secure and easier to attach. I can get alot of stuff in a net.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
I have used and still use a little bit of all of them depending on the situation. My favorite are Rok straps. Not as cheap as bungies but well worth it. They come in various lengths. As said above the cargo net is handy for some jobs.

I probably have enough money in tie down equipment to buy a new KLIM Badlands Jacket. LOL

Not to mention the $ spent on luggage and bags. I actually did wear out a set of throw over Ortlieb saddle bags and a touring bag from Kuryakyn.

I learned a good waterproof bag and good tie downs work the best.

Reactions: 07Blackcherry

·
Registered
432 Posts
I use straps. Most camping, backpacking stores have a variety of lengths and styles. With bungees things shake, you can make straps tight.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Try Arno straps. they're sold mostly in camping stores. Bungy cords stretch, especially when you don't want them to. I've thrown away all my bungys, when snugged Arnos don't ever loosen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts