Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I fully respect other people's habits despite draining the wallet and destroying their equipment. I will reiterate that I still fail to understand the enjoyment in this. Yes and if I have to ask I guess I just cannot and will not understand. Don't get me wrong here, I have done and sometimes still do plenty of foolish things that drain my wallet. Some which unfortunately due to the moderator that can't discuss on this forum. I guess at the end of the day, if it makes you happy and to get your rocks off keep doing it!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Amen to that brother just seems so childish and dumb to me, I guess to each his own but I'll be ridding while there working on their bike changing a clutch or tires. I have been on a bike for 53 years and never would think of doing burnouts but that's me!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm 46. I do burn-outs whenever possible. Not the BS pansy @$$ ones where you prop your front tire up against a wall either. Why? Well, I look at it like this.... Doing burn-outs on a bike is like riding a bull. Especially on the VTX with a 200 rear tire. The more you do them, the scarier they get because you always want to push it a little bit further. For me, it's for the adrenaline dump. The fact that I survived yet another long, smokey, squirrelly burn-out is just a feeling I crave. So it shaves some miles off the tire... so what? Are burn-outs for everybody? Hell no. Do I care what you think? Nope.

·
Premium Member
6,503 Posts
I'm 46. I do burn-outs whenever possible. Not the BS pansy @$$ ones where you prop your front tire up against a wall either. Why? Well, I look at it like this.... Doing burn-outs on a bike is like riding a bull. Especially on the VTX with a 200 rear tire. The more you do them, the scarier they get because you always want to push it a little bit further. For me, it's for the adrenaline dump. The fact that I survived yet another long, smokey, squirrelly burn-out is just a feeling I crave. So it shaves some miles off the tire... so what? Are burn-outs for everybody? Hell no. Do I care what you think? Nope.
See, he gets it!

I will bet he giggles like a kid every time too. Your bike, your wallet, your rules. Just be responsible about it. I also laugh my arse off when the bike gets away from some kid who doesn't know what they are doing. I laugh and I laugh ... :grin2:>:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
As you can see, you will get as many varied answers as you have members. For the life of me I don't understand why someone would pay top dollar for a "muscle car" and then drive it forever after at the speed limit or less while holding up the rest of us Beetles and Pintos and Vegas (I'm dating myself here, and I didn't even bring flowers). However, when someone asks why anyone would need a 15-rd magazine in their pistol, or a bad-ass looking AR-15, I point to the 'vettes and Hemi's as an answer.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Now you're going down a different path. Because there is no such thing as too much ammo. Not going to get into it but those who know ,,know what I mean.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts