Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have and use their 1800C trailer hitch? Seriously considering one of their trailers too as I have had one in the past. That's about the only way my family can travel on the bikes and take enough gear for a family riding vacation. Either that or......get another Wing...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've decided on a Hitch Doc hitch since I couldn't find anyone that has used or seen a Bushtec hitch. I did order a new Bushtec trailer today though. Will color match the VTX too. Can't wait!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
when you get it, let me know how it work out. I've been thinking of getting a hitch for my C for the same reason as you. good luck

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will do. Now the hardest part is waiting up to 5 weeks for the trailer. Up to 2 for the hitch though. This will give me time to wire it up when I get the hitch.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Nice, what kind of trailer are you towing with it?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will be a brand spanking new 2012 Bushtec Quantum Sport. Pretty much all the bells and whistles. Color matched to the X. A couple more weeks I guess. Seems like an eternity once the order is placed until it's shipped! I'll post up a new thread (and link to it here) once it's here and in tow. It's like Christmas in the Spring!!!

It will look very similar to this but no GL taillights, a chrome tubular rear bumper (instead of this ones added fiberglass one), a luggage rack and a cooler on the tongue)

25 sq ft of beer hauling, luggage carrying, Costco shopping, helmet storage, and lots of HD parts for those needing some help. :)

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
It will be a brand spanking new 2012 Bushtec Quantum Sport. Pretty much all the bells and whistles. Color matched to the X. A couple more weeks I guess. Seems like an eternity once the order is placed until it's shipped! I'll post up a new thread (and link to it here) once it's here and in tow. It's like Christmas in the Spring!!!

It will look very similar to this but no GL taillights, a chrome tubular rear bumper (instead of this ones added fiberglass one), a luggage rack and a cooler on the tongue)

25 sq ft of beer hauling, luggage carrying, Costco shopping, helmet storage, and lots of HD parts for those needing some help. :)

Very nice, what does something like that cost? I have never towed a trailer with a bike but have been considering getting one for the reasons you listed, sans the HD parts. :lol:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
3-6K depending what and how you set it up. Check them out. Very well designed and built. They say they're guananteed to NEVER bounce and have the least rolling resistance of any other bike trailer in the world. They are light and very solid and strong. I wouldn't be buying another if I didn't think it was worth the money. Besides, 25K cheaper than getting a new wing (I thought about it).

http://www.bushtec.com/Articles.asp?ID=153

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
"guananteed to NEVER bounce "

They're right, you can drop it from two feet off the ground... no bounce. Railroad tracks, curbs what ever, think I've only broken 2/3 eggs in a lot of miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts