Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately, I had to file a complaint through E-bay on Cruiserbackrest company. I think they are noted for their Bestem items on E-bay. I purchased an item 3 weeks ago and received no shipping information. I e-mailed requesting information and a tracking number. No response. On 4/8 they e-mailed me saying they would look into problem. I still have had no response from them. They have no customer service contact number. No toll free number. Only a number to leave a voice mail. I finally decided I'm not going to run up $25.00 in phone calls to try to get my $25.00 item. All this over a chrome piece for backrest!
In the meantime, I have ordered several items from HDL and they are already installed on my Bike. Live and Learn.
I'm sure others will respond that they have had success with this company and I'm happy for them.
But be warned, this is a company with no tollfree number or customer service representative. Only a voicemail. It sure would be nice to speak to a live person when trying to explain your problem.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I thought it was a fluke when I had a problem with them. I ordered a T-bag 2 weeks ago from them. It was shipped via fedex ground, which was not a problem. The problem started (which I found out after the fact) when the person filling out the shipping address left off the Suite # to the complex I wanted the bag shipped to. Fedx could not deliver becaues they did not know where to deliver. It took an extra 3 day to receive the T-bag because of this simple error. (p.s. The T-bag is a very good quality bag.) :?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I also had difficulties with them, but they quickly turned around and got me the luggage rack and refunded 20 bucks for my troubles.

I purchased the rack on March 29th and used paypal to pay that night. I had some issues on shipping since I am not at home but working in Ohio. I told him that if there were any problems with an unconfirmed address they could call me or my wife (who is the ebay account holder) on our cell phones. Well I never got a reply. After two other attempts through ebay contact seller function, I fired off a semi angry response that I have not received any word and that If I did not hear from them I was going to file a complaint. This time I also sent it to their yahoo account and got a reply fairly quickly about the sending of the rack and the refund. I got it 2 days later and it looks real nice on the bike.

from their feedback they seem to have several happy customers and that is why I went there. I am unsure if I would shop there again.

If you haven't tried use their yahoo e-mail. It seems to work better. The thing that I don't like is that they have 3 racks listed for purchase and do not have them onhand and have to wait for them to be delivered to them before they can ship. This is not good practice and this is a mjor cause for delays. I just wish they would have told me that they were waiting on them.

Hawk

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've delt with them once on E-bay and everything went fine...fast delivery, good comm and nice chrome for the price.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was suprised at the number of PM messages I received from people who had ongoing issues with Cruiserbackrest and didn't want to jeopardize an ongoing attempt to resolve their problem by posting their name. Thank you for letting me know I'm not alone.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I have had good luck with them...they are always fast to respond to my emails...never more than 1 day...
Try this email...

[email protected]

·
Registered
22 Posts
tom, for your delayed part, we apologize and have issued you a refund per your request. we've replied all 5 of your emails dated on 3/20, 3/22, 3/22, 4/8 and 4/13. your order was given to Fedex on 3/28 and we've emailed your the racking #. here is when sh*t happened, Fedex said they've never received it and our warehouse swear it has been handed over. on 4/8 after you requested the info we called fedex and they said they'll do "research" on the tracking # and get back to us. as i've explained this to you in email, it's just difficult for a customer to understand that it's a fedex or ebay system problem. we were using quickbooks integrated with ebay and our online store when the interface didn't work properly and several orders didn't get tranfered - the customers got really upset and we really got no way to explain it. this spring we've been slammed with orders and sometimes responses were delayed. for that, i sincerely apologize and we're working very very hard everyday to improve our order handling system. we contract a fulfillment center and they can't keep up with our requirements so now we are moving into a new warehouse which will operate by us. we are also expanding the manufacture capability to increase the output volume and are actively working with several chromers to speed up the process. along the bumpy road we may have made some mistakes, some delayed orders and upset some customers, again we apologize and we'll take your feedbacks very seriously. thanks for all the supports we've received from you guys and we'll be here to make the improvement. it's not just an initiative here, it's a mindset!

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Well all I can say is that they did swell by me. I ordered the deluxe backrest and it was at my door in 3 days. Had a problem with one side of the bracket, emailed them, they sent out the replacement piece the next day. So all and all I really have to rate them high. But with growth there's always the akwardness of transition.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Two kinds of eBayer's

I have sold many items on eBay but I'm still a small timer. If I had hundreds of items going out everymonth it would be a real bugger. There are those that don't realize what it takes to build trust and those that do. A guy in business knows how little it takes to ruin a business and how much of that is beyond control. As I said this vendor did right by me. It's real hard too do everthing right all the time and follow up all the time. I am not a guy that believes in "benefit of the doubt" but I'd give it to this guy based on experience.

cruiserbackrest wants to do right and have folk trust him.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cruisebackrest: I'm not here to get into a spitting match with you, but lets tell the truth. I purchased and PAID for item on MARCH 26. You never responded with a shipping date or tracking number OR ANY INFORMATION ABOUT WHAT WAS GOING ON UNTIL YESTERDAY. I had no idea why I was not receiving product. I GAVE YOU EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO STRAIGHTEN THIS OUT BUT YOU DID NOTHING UNTIL AFTER I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH E-BAY AND PAYPAL. Then you e-mail me with the fed-x story. By the way, I plugged in the tracking number you e-mailed me yesterday into fed-x tracking. RESPONSE FROM FEDX = NO SUCH NUMBER? If the fed-x story is true, then why did it take until yesterday for you to communicate to me? I appreciate the refund, however I have received no conformation of this from PayPal. If you are having troubles within your business that effects a customer then I suggest one key component. COMMUNICATE!

·
Registered
22 Posts
i appreciate the kind words welshrob. we grow from 5~6 items per day last April to 50+ packages per day in last a few month. it's very overwelming and we sometimes stay up 'til 1 or 2am to reply emails. we've put a lot of efforts in the system to make it more smooth and will hire a consultant this month to do customized programming for us. hopefully we'll be able to create a system that takes all our store fronts into one quickbooks solution.

Stash, i'm here to apologize not to raise the voice so you can turn off your capital letters. the fedex labe # is 360404510021262. anyone can call fedex and verfiy the creation date of the label - 3/28. you had bad expereience with this particular order and we'll not make up something to cover it up. things may run out of stock or we may have overlooked but we'll always tell you what happened and take the blame. also i suggest you check your bulk folder as we did reply your emails, each one of them. i can post a screen shot of our yahoo email account with all your emails and the "replied" arrow in front of it. we wouldn't come back here if all we tried to do is "take money and run" kinda business. we are here because we want to do better and take feedbacks, good or bad. anyway, for what happened to your order, we sincerely apologize.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Printable Version Quick Help

Not found
No information for the following shipments has been received by our system yet. Please try again later or contact Customer Service .

Tracking number 360404510021262

·
Registered
22 Posts
stash, that means the label has been created but fedex doesn't have the procession of it. call them and ask about the label creation date. what on earth would we want to take your $16 and ruin the business? for whatever happened, we apologize. but all your emails were replied and the mixup was not on purpose.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts