Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saddle bags, corbin gel pad, windshield, back rest, highway lights. luggage rack

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
nh_teddy said:
saddle bags, corbin gel pad, windshield, back rest, highway lights. luggage rack
It sounds high to me. You didn't mention the color or body style, but I bought the most expensive combination (Red Retro) last August. Mine's a 2004, and it had a windshield, engine guard, and saddlebags. Besides, it was still under warranty, all for $7500.00. I'd be lucky to get $7000.00 in that same condition now - probably less. I'd say offer him $6000.00, and pay $6250.00 max.

Eddie

·
Registered
515 Posts
I think even Eddie may be too high. The trade-in value of that bike is 4750.00. Add-ons add a little, but I wouldn't pay more than 5500.00 for it from an individual with no warranty.

Ride safe,

Mike

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NADA shows it being from 5500-7200 and blue book shows 7000 retail but not many used VTX's here in NH

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
A couple of grand sounds like a reason for a road trip.....go to where the supply is higher or the demand is lower and break it in riding it back from wherever you find a more realistic price. :wink: Just my opinion.....

·
Registered
515 Posts
I looked at Kelley Blue book trade-in for my zip code in Ok. Supply and demand is always a factor, as well as how bad you want the bike! Hope it works out for ya, Bro!

Ride safe,

Mike

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
NH-TEDDY, it don't matter what we say. It is what you think that is important. I probably paid too much for every bike I've owned and they were all worth every penny. :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah I hear yah its orange 1300s and I guess I let the goodies catch my eye I just called a friend that works at a honda shop in maine and he said I can buy a new one for 9200 base so yah for 2g more its worth the warrent and I still have alot of my heratage acc. that would go on the VTX easy. thanx for the heads up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love the looks and feel of the bike I put 50 miles on it test driving it today, good thing I didn't put any cash down.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
If you rode my bike 50 miles and didn't buy it I think I would have to beat you profusely about the head and shoulders.
Good lesson to all though....get a deposit before a test ride and keep it if they don't buy! You might need t for repairs after they leave and the clutch is blown or something......

·
Registered
320 Posts
:lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well considering I let him take my titan for a ride beside me I don't think the guy minded he was scared of the titan though to much torque lol

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
If you just swapped bikes that is cool......too many horror stories about people getting free rides with no intent on buying which is not cool. :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I paid 21,000 for my Titan I think he got the free ride :p He was very impressed and asked why i would even think of buying a VTX and I replied " I need a bike to ride all the time the titan is a toy kinda like a kid and a rice rocket. There are times you need thrills and speed and there are times to just plain ride.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Your're on the VTX site man.....you got the free ride because you were on a better bike! :wink:
I paid 25 grand for the Fat Boy but that $$$ didn't make it a better bike than the X or else I would have kept it......

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just looked through all the local honda shops and they want almost 8 grand for the same bike with more miles and just ran to the store to buy a uncle henrys and the want ad book and All over new england they seem to be askin the same prices i added up the extras on the honda page and the guy has about 2700 in extras on this retro so i dunno like one guy said he over paid for most of his bike heck i paid more for my titan than than its worth back in 99 but i love it at laconia last year they offered me 17000 toward a trade in on a new titan but i will never do it like most of you and your VTX's they just seem to fit like a glove. I have noticed alot of used 1800's and very little 1300's

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
That sounds like a great deal compared to what they are going for here. I just saw an 03 1300s advertised pretty much stock for $7200 and it sold. Not sure what it went for but it was only in for 1 week.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well after searching the web for over an hour and looking at the want ads etc.. Every 2003 1300 is 7000+ with over 6000 miles like this one so yah know what I got the VTX :shock: Fever I loved the test drive and its the closest thing I have ever ridden to a harley and the best thing it doesn't have veneroil disease like a harley. I'm hooked on VTX Yah some of you say its over priced but if I snooze on this one and don't find another with low miles and all the extras ill be kicken myself so imma offer him 6800 and if he says no looks like imma payin 7000 he was askin 7500. If the VTX fever is this bad before I have a title then I hate to see it when I own it lol

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
nh_teddy said:
If the VTX fever is this bad before I have a title then I hate to see it when I own it lol

It gets WORSE!!!! But at least you have this site to share the pain with.

Bode

1 - 20 of 24 Posts