Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've done a lot of research and i fell in love with the VTX1300. I'm currently on the lookout to get one, but i don't really know what to look for.
Are there some things you need to pay attention to when buying a secondhand VTX.
How much km (or miles) can they run? I found one with 55000 km but i don't know if it is too much or not.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hello,

I've done a lot of research and i fell in love with the VTX1300. I'm currently on the lookout to get one, but i don't really know what to look for.
Are there some things you need to pay attention to when buying a secondhand VTX.
How much km (or miles) can they run? I found one with 55000 km but i don't know if it is too much or not.

Welcome.
In terms of a VTX, 55000 km is not a lot. Depending on what kind of riding you plan to do, if you plan on doing lots of long distance riding you might want to start with something with less. If
You are a weekend warrior or commuter, that should be just fine. Since the newest VTX is now 11 years old, 55,000 is maybe below average.

As for what to look for, obvious signs of abuse. Old tires. Ask for any service records. How often is the oil changed. I presume once a year. Check the function of the signal switch, sometimes they are sticky, but that can be fixed with a cleaning. This forum has everything you need.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Old Goat
25,162 Posts
U folks new to the VTX should concentrate more on how a bike has been taken care of...than the mileage in most circumstances...we all know sitting can be just as abusive as riding one to death...regular maintainance is one key to getting a good used bike....Others will point out more...good luck

·
Registered
11,746 Posts
I have in excess of 300000 km on my 1300. Look in the Maintenance and Accessory log for my logs. Still going strong. On third stator and R/R, 3rd slide valve diaphragm, 3rd clutch cable....

·
Old Goat
25,162 Posts
I have in excess of 300000 km on my 1300. Look in the Maintenance and Accessory log for my logs. Still going strong. On third stator and R/R, 3rd slide valve diaphragm, 3rd clutch cable....
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^..this should make u buy one...if nothing else.....

·
Old Goat
25,162 Posts
U guys want to go to KM”s and metric chit...wait till I’m dead for Pete’s sake...shouldn’t be long...

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
The main country not using the metric system, is the one carrying the rest of the world, and the one where everyone wants to come to. Then transform it to the countries they left. Some logic, huh?

·
Old Goat
25,162 Posts
The main country not using the metric system, is the one carrying the rest of the world, and the one where everyone wants to come to. Then transform it to the countries they left. Some logic, huh?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.....This ..

·
Registered
946 Posts
You guys are funny.

Sitting on my VTX making vroom vroom sounds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
To the original poster, did you by one yet?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No, i'm still on the lookout. Went looking to two already.
One was a bit too expensive the other one got scratches in it...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I hope you are as lucky as I was. Mine was loaded with chrome and options for $3800 with only 12k miles on it. Original owner.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I live in Belgium. They go for around 5500. Dealers will ask 6500. (Euros)
In Belgium, only 3 are online atm, but i'm looking at ads in the netherlands as well. Just waiting for the right one to come up 😊

·
Registered
887 Posts
U guys want to go to KM”s and metric chit...wait till I’m dead for Pete’s sake...shouldn’t be long...
Hey Tenn, I can't believe Ranger gave you a thumbs up on your eminent demise!! 🍻 jk Ranger

·
Registered
887 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts