Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;

I am considering buying an 02 VTX1880c. The asking price is $9,500. It has 5600 miles. Acessories consist of Honda line hard saddle bags (quick release), windshield, foot boards, sissy bar and rear carrier.

What should I look for? Any concerns with this model? Appearance wise the bike looks clean, but would like suggestions on what to look for as signs of problems.

I am pretty sure I can probably get the price reduced by at least a couple hundred dollars more.

Thanks for all your suggestions/advise.

Hector

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
What should you look for? How about a better deal? That is the first thing I would look for. You should be able to beat that price....alot........or get a newer bike for that price. I just bought an 04 Monday morning cheaper than that and it had 0 miles on it.

I say shop around.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all for your responses.

I have been looking at prices in e-bay and dealerships around town and I agree that I could buy a new 2003 or 2004 for about the same price. The thing that attracted me to this bike is the fact that it already has all the "extras" I would need to buy if I bought a new bike (windshield, bags, carrier, etc). I figure all these accessories are worth close to $1,000.

Also like I said I think that I could get the bike cheaper than the advertise price. I figure I could probably get it for close to $9,000.

Thanks.

Hector

·
Registered
999 Posts
only to follow what the others have said. There seem to be at least a post once a month from guys not getting a hit on their loaded X. The #'s quoted seems to be $8,500. Who knows? hang around and you may get a chance to help a seller out of a jam.

mike

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
hrod30001 said:
Hi all;

I am considering buying an 02 VTX1880c. The asking price is $9,500. It has 5600 miles. Acessories consist of Honda line hard saddle bags (quick release), windshield, foot boards, sissy bar and rear carrier.

What should I look for? Any concerns with this model? Appearance wise the bike looks clean, but would like suggestions on what to look for as signs of problems.

I am pretty sure I can probably get the price reduced by at least a couple hundred dollars more.

Thanks for all your suggestions/advise.

Hector
I think you outta buy "Marilyn" (not as seen in pic below but near stock cond) for 7g's w/20k on the clock instead

1 - 8 of 8 Posts