Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I took the plunge and ordered a new rider seat with backrest and passanger seat from Russell's, the Day Long seat. I like the Ultimate seat but I still got tailbone pain on long rides. Sat on a Day Long and really liked the feel so I sent off my stock pans and now I just wait. Will post pics when I receive it and have it mounted.

·
Registered
272 Posts
are you going to sale the ultmate? an if so how much

·
Registered
131 Posts
Day Long

I just took a look at their site. Seems a bit pricey to me.

Why not go with Mustang Seats or get the BADX Mod?

Bob

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I am going to sell them. I have the Bigboy seat with riders backrest, the passanger seat and the backrest pad for the rider. Not sure yet on the price but someone has already asked about them so I would have to give him first chance.

As far as Mustang or Badx, I didn't care for the Mustang seat and not to say anything bad about Badx's seat but I can't believe it would be anymore comfortable than the Ultimate seat. The Day Long has springs in it so it would be like sitting on a chair and my flat butt needs all the help it can get.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
seats

The day long seat sounds great my brotherinlaw found their website a while back and we looked at the site they are pricey but if they live up to their adds it would be worth it. The turn around time was long when we looked at then and we both had bikes with stock seats and no seats to send in so we went ahead and bought seats. I got the ultimate bigboy set and he got the mustang set. I am satisfyed with my seats he doesnt like his nearly as well but he is wating for the bikes for next year to come out. He is going to either a goldwing or a royal star tour deluxe. Which ever has the best color in the 08 bikes. He has a 1100 v star custom and needs a bigger bike. Back then daylong had a 6 month turn around and That's too long to wait.

·
Registered
131 Posts
stepbill said:
Yes, I am going to sell them. I have the Bigboy seat with riders backrest, the passanger seat and the backrest pad for the rider. Not sure yet on the price but someone has already asked about them so I would have to give him first chance.

As far as Mustang or Badx, I didn't care for the Mustang seat and not to say anything bad about Badx's seat but I can't believe it would be anymore comfortable than the Ultimate seat. The Day Long has springs in it so it would be like sitting on a chair and my flat butt needs all the help it can get.
STEPBILL,

Let us all know how they work for you. I too am in the market for a new/different seat. I just haven't made the decision which way I am going to go yet.

Bob

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: seats

Tommy Kelly said:
The day long seat sounds great my brotherinlaw found their website a while back and we looked at the site they are pricey but if they live up to their adds it would be worth it. The turn around time was long when we looked at then and we both had bikes with stock seats and no seats to send in so we went ahead and bought seats. I got the ultimate bigboy set and he got the mustang set. I am satisfyed with my seats he doesnt like his nearly as well but he is wating for the bikes for next year to come out. He is going to either a goldwing or a royal star tour deluxe. Which ever has the best color in the 08 bikes. He has a 1100 v star custom and needs a bigger bike. Back then daylong had a 6 month turn around and That's too long to wait.
I was curious about the production date so I called and she gave me a date of August 9th and that I don't have to send my seats to them until just a few days before. That way I can still ride till then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts