Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have an 05 1800F with Hondaline sadlebags. However i would like to move the passenger peg mounts forward an inch or 2 and down about the same amount to make the wife more comfy. I have the cyclistic peg relocation brackets. but they move everthing out away from the bike to far. And look really funny and out of place. So ive read that the C peg mounts are a different style and may lower and be farther forward than the F style??
Can anyone help on this subject? I have aftermarket Pipes and clearance wont be an issue.
Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
390 Posts
There was a thread about using "C" pipes and whatever pegs (or boards) to move the passenger foot-rest down and forward.

I'm sure I saved it but can't find it. But I save everything I find interesting which kind of makes it pointless after a while.

Good luck, with your search.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
According to the OEM Honda parts fiche -
"F" and "C" model VTX1800 passenger foot peg mount are the same part number.

50625-MCH-C10 Left
50615-MCH-C10 Right
Someone correct me if I'm wrong - but the "R", "S", and "N" passenger foot pegs are mounted above the two mufflers

On the "F", the passenger foot pegs are mounted between the mufflers (lower and more forward)

Google "VTX1800F" and "VTX1800N" ( or other) and look at the pics for placement of the passenger foot pegs. I was surprised there's such a big difference.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
I'll correct you.
The passenger foot peg is not between the mufflers on the F.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
I'll correct you.
The passenger foot peg is not between the mufflers on the F.

Thanks Nate !

I went and looked at another site on the Parts fiche and still the "C" and "F" models have the same part number for the bracket that mounts to the frame.

Although - in 2005 there was a change in the "C" mounting plate, I think. I used some later model "C" mounting plates on my "N" and the area where the foot peg mounts to the plate is actually a bit wider. I had to shim it with a couple washers.

Someone else needs to chime in here.
I was sure that the "C" mounting brackets were lower and more fordward than the "F" mounting brackets

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys. Any more info would be great. To rectify the part numbers A 2005 C has step part numbers of 50685-mch-c10 and 50686-mch-c10 and a 2005 F has 50680-MCV-000 50685-MCV-000 They look different in the pics as well. To me without a comparison to measure. Buy the pics i have looked at I should gain about an inch or 2 down and around the same amount forward. This would be great for the wife and still be nice and tight to the bike stock etc.
If anyone else has done this mod?? Let me know thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Nate !

I went and looked at another site on the Parts fiche and still the "C" and "F" models have the same part number for the bracket that mounts to the frame.

Although - in 2005 there was a change in the "C" mounting plate, I think. I used some later model "C" mounting plates on my "N" and the area where the foot peg mounts to the plate is actually a bit wider. I had to shim it with a couple washers.

Someone else needs to chime in here.
I was sure that the "C" mounting brackets were lower and more fordward than the "F" mounting brackets
Based on your picture. Your passenger mounts are lower and maybe a bit more forward than the f model. If i had stock pipes on my F. Those mounts you have would be right where the rear pipe runs and has its bend.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I know that the early model C peg mounts sit lower than the F model mounts. I was planning on doing this modification to the F in the past and never got around to it. The older mounts do put the pegs closer to the pipes, so the passenger needs to be aware not to burn their shoe.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I changed mine a few years ago based on an article in the "other" forum. My wife says the new location is better. Search the other forum and the guy has a photo of both. I remember about an inch forward and about two down.
At the end of the 1800 production the C and F sort of merged. In 2005 they had different exhaust. Mine came with V&H and the C bracket fit tight to the pipes. I'd say perfectly.
I bought the brackets of course. I reused as much hardware as possible. The C footpeg opening was different and I couldn't reuse the clevis pins.
One of the bolts on the passenger side needs to be cut off. It hits the swingarm when unthreaded. Just saw it off and replace it. I bought new hardware at the local store. The new bolt needed a little bit of filing to the bolt head but it was shorter than the Honda bolt.
If someone tells you you can get that bolt out out by removing the shocks and lowering the tire ask them to send us video. It takes minutes with a saw.
I used Loc-tite on those bolts.
It's possible for the toe of her shoe to hit the back of my leg when we leave a light.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I changed mine a few years ago based on an article in the "other" forum. My wife says the new location is better. Search the other forum and the guy has a photo of both. I remember about an inch forward and about two down.
At the end of the 1800 production the C and F sort of merged. In 2005 they had different exhaust. Mine came with V&H and the C bracket fit tight to the pipes. I'd say perfectly.
I bought the brackets of course. I reused as much hardware as possible. The C footpeg opening was different and I couldn't reuse the clevis pins.
One of the bolts on the passenger side needs to be cut off. It hits the swingarm when unthreaded. Just saw it off and replace it. I bought new hardware at the local store. The new bolt needed a little bit of filing to the bolt head but it was shorter than the Honda bolt.
If someone tells you you can get that bolt out out by removing the shocks and lowering the tire ask them to send us video. It takes minutes with a saw.
I used Loc-tite on those bolts.
It's possible for the toe of her shoe to hit the back of my leg when we leave a light.

Thats good to hear. Kinda what i was hoping for!! What other forum? For pics? Thanks guys appreciate the help!!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
The other forum is the VTXCafe

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes. Thanks. I a member there as well. Have not got the right search words together to get the thread you are talking about etc? But thanks~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts