Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with this brand of helmets? They are DOT approved, but not Snell approved. They are a modular full-face, but the jaw guard is removable so it can be used as a 3/4 helmet as well. The neat thing is that behind the clear visor is a flip-down dark visor- kind of like fighter pilots have. You can move it up and down via a lever on the outside of the helmet. It also looks well ventilated and comes with a nice quick snap.

This helmet is made in Europe (Italy???) so I assume it is at least as good as helmets that are Snell rated. It seems like a great helmet. It is about $300 at MotoLiberty so it's a hefty investment.

Anyone have any experience or wisdom to impart regarding this brand of helmets?

·
Registered
468 Posts
numskul said:
Does anyone have any experience with this brand of helmets? They are DOT approved, but not Snell approved. They are a modular full-face, but the jaw guard is removable so it can be used as a 3/4 helmet as well. The neat thing is that behind the clear visor is a flip-down dark visor- kind of like fighter pilots have. You can move it up and down via a lever on the outside of the helmet. It also looks well ventilated and comes with a nice quick snap.

This helmet is made in Europe (Italy???) so I assume it is at least as good as helmets that are Snell rated. It seems like a great helmet. It is about $300 at MotoLiberty so it's a hefty investment.

I ordered a black one from Aerostich last year using sizing info from the previous distributor. What arrived was so small it would only fit on the head that thinks it's in charge Fri/Sat night.

It was ok, but I like my Bombardier modular better. It's made and marketed in Europe by Phazer. They can be had here for $299, but you have to ask them to swap out the std double wall visor with the motorcycle version...

I picked up a Nolan N100E a few weeks ago and, other than not having the sun shield, is just as nice and lighter for ~$200. You can get a quick replace visor for around $25 more.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Helmuts

I read a study that said to watch out for the hinged or flip-up style helmuts. They said there is less padding / protection under the hinge area. It said you are more likely to sustain an injury under the hinge area (your temple).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Outlander said:
numskul said:

I ordered a black one from Aerostich last year using sizing info from the previous distributor. What arrived was so small it would only fit on the head that thinks it's in charge Fri/Sat night.

It was ok, but I like my Bombardier modular better. It's made and marketed in Europe by Phazer. They can be had here for $299, but you have to ask them to swap out the std double wall visor with the motorcycle version...

I picked up a Nolan N100E a few weeks ago and, other than not having the sun shield, is just as nice and lighter for ~$200. You can get a quick replace visor for around $25 more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts