Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my two chrome cable guides that mount under the top triple clamp on my 1300R had some rust and one broke. I thought I'll just pick up two new ones and threw them away. Holy cow one is $75 and the other is $100 (OEM). Similar clamps on a Shadow are like $15. Has anyone run into this? What gives......

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Honda

out of production for 11 years.

because they can.
:)

·
Old Goat
24,853 Posts
Ebay can be your friend...good luck

·
Registered
981 Posts
So my two chrome cable guides that mount under the top triple clamp on my 1300R had some rust and one broke. I thought I'll just pick up two new ones and threw them away. Holy cow one is $75 and the other is $100 (OEM). Similar clamps on a Shadow are like $15. Has anyone run into this? What gives......
Not on those particular parts, but other i have. These take the cake, Holy Toledo!! good luck

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
E-Bay
motorcycle wrecking yard... internet cycle wrecking yard.. etc.

or make something that will work for you...
its not like making a camshaft..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've looked around. Ebay is not what it used to be. The ones on ebay or more than Revzilla. Seems like everyone has caught onto the price of these......Yes I know I could fabricate something, I just like original stuff......Just venting I guess and hoping someone would say OH i have a couple.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Bores Cycle | eBay Stores If you don't see it, I think you can call. I live near them and they have thousands of bikes. I think they keep what they feel they can move and sell off the rest of the bike to other shops.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for that! I will reach out to them. I have a similar place near me but they don't have any VTX stuff.....

·
Old Goat
24,853 Posts
Just thought maybe some of you would like to see my fix for replacing the ridiculous priced cable guides. Caribeaners! $5
Pretty cool...now if u ever find yourself stuck on the side of a mountain..your golden... (y)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I still find myself wanting the OEM ones but I'm gonna wait till I win a scratch off ticket or something......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts