Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me? I really HATE to see people talking on cell phones while driving. Seems like every time I turn around I get some a-hole changing lanes without a signal because they dont have a free hand, They are too busy with a Date Planner in one hand-A Cell Phone in the other , while trying to drive with their knee's. Then when I honk at them (as they are drifting into MY lane) They have nerve to flip Me off like I'm the one doing something wrong.
I for one...Refuse to even own a Cell Phone....If people want to talk to me they'll have to catch me at home or at work......After that I'm on my X and dont want to be bothered!

·
Registered
595 Posts
FastEddieS said:
Is it just me? I really HATE to see people talking on cell phones while driving. Seems like every time I turn around I get some a-hole changing lanes without a signal because they dont have a free hand, . . .
It's not just you. Drivers not signaling has always been one of my pet peeves. It has only gotten worse with the proliferation of cell phones over the past few years. I have owned a cell since 1996 but rarely ever use it while driving and keep it short when I do.

Always expect drivers to do the unexpected and have a planned route out of harm's way when they do.

·
Registered
846 Posts
FastEddieS said:
Is it just me? I really HATE to see people talking on cell phones while driving. Seems like every time I turn around I get some a-hole changing lanes without a signal because they dont have a free hand, They are too busy with a Date Planner in one hand-A Cell Phone in the other , while trying to drive with their knee's. Then when I honk at them (as they are drifting into MY lane) They have nerve to flip Me off like I'm the one doing something wrong.
I for one...Refuse to even own a Cell Phone....If people want to talk to me they'll have to catch me at home or at work......After that I'm on my X and dont want to be bothered!
I agree 100%. What's so damn important that you want to risk your life and the lives of innocent people all around you? Wait till you get home or pull over!! :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
As much as I would like to kick them with my boot - I just put as much space between me and them as I can, untill I run up on the next MF'er with a phone stuck to their head.
I really would like to see HUGE fines for these people....and enforce them!!!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Biggest problem on the road - period!

In order of stupidity (IMHO):

1. Teenage girls on cell phones
2. All teenagers on cell phones
3. Soccer moms on cell phones with kids in the van
4. Soccer moms on cell phones w/no kids in the van
5. Dumpster truck drivers on cell phones

Note: #5 was a particularly interesting event ...

I've taken calls on my cell while driving the Jeep and I know I'm not as focused when doing so. Wife and I have both stopped using the cells when driving. Granted, Tampa Bay traffic is worse than average but part of the reason is all the people driving and yakking.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Gulfstrings said:
Biggest problem on the road - period!

In order of stupidity (IMHO):

1. Teenage girls on cell phones
2. All teenagers on cell phones
3. Soccer moms on cell phones with kids in the van
4. Soccer moms on cell phones w/no kids in the van
5. Dumpster truck drivers on cell phones
Dude,
Male teen/twenty something drivers are the worst here in sunny Tucson. They speed, don't signal, tailgate, drive POSs, and constantly swerve in and out of traffic. Followed very closely by our elderly winter visitors...I gotta stop thinking about or I'll be to afraid to ride the bike home from work.:cry:
J. Scott

·
Registered
42 Posts
I really HATE to see people talking on cell phones while driving.
I agree. I also think that cell phones are also becoming a hazard even when drivers are not “on the road”. I have seen many drivers using their cell phones while pumping gas. Now if static electricity has been shown to cause fires by igniting gas fumes, I am betting that electronic equipment (i.e. cells phones) has to have a higher probability.
:cus:

I guess the use of cell phones has begun to dominate society. I can only imagine having to go into a restaurant soon and ask for a “no smoking” and “no cell phone” section. :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
cell phones

Cell phones and not using turn signals - don't even get me started. I've always been a defensive driver (have taken courses in the past), but a person really has to be defensive now even when in a cage much less on a 2 wheels!

Not sure why they even make cages w/ turn signals anymore. I my area, clearly more people do NOT use turn signals than the ones that do. Cell phones - see more teenage girls using them than teenage boys. See more 20's something women using them than anyone else.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Why do some people feel its so necessary to always be on the phone with someone. I see it everyday, immediately when they are done with a class or anything, instantly on the phone. Here in AZ it is still legal to talk and drive. Some scary Shiat especially with the drivers in Tucson, if anyone knows what I mean.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
no turn signals? ha!
come to Houston and try to drive, when you get your car inspected, I think they must disconnect the turn signals, I never see anyone using them here.

"HI, Im here to get my car inspected".
"oh, wow man, have you had the turn signals disconnected yet?"
"oh yeah, years ago"
"ok, man, do you have a cell phone?"
"ah, no, not yet"
"oh, sorry man, I cant inspect your car til you have one then"

·
Registered
181 Posts
Amen to all these comments. Here in NC the state cops are asking every driver involved in an accident if they were on a cell phone at the time of the crash, with a view toward making cell phone driving illegal in this state some fine day. The only problem is nobody's going to admit to having been on a cell phone, or curling their hair, or putting on lipstick, or sending a fax, or reading a book, or taking a nap, while they've been driving. Maybe there's a way to get a petition going nationwide that will stop this roadcell madness before it kills too many more people. If anybody has any ideas, I'm willing to work on it.

_____

04 red 1300C with lots of stuff.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I even think it is dangerous if they have a headset. I know when I try to talk on the phone and drive, I am generally paying attention more to the convosation then driving. I just think without a headset its even worse.

·
Registered
653 Posts
All bikes should be equipped with cell phone jammers that broadcast in a 100 yard radius, . "Hang up and drive"..."Hang up and drive"..."Hang up and drive"..."Hang up and drive"..."Hang up and drive"...

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Snoopy said:
Amen to all these comments. Here in NC the state cops are asking every driver involved in an accident if they were on a cell phone at the time of the crash, _____

04 red 1300C with lots of stuff.
"oh sure officer, I was reading to son on the phone from his favorite book when this bike came out of nowhere and got stuck in my grill"

sheesh!
I like the "hang up and drive" ask Hal if he will carry them

·
Registered
198 Posts
When I leave home, the idea for me is to GET AWAY....not get in the car and call before I'm out of the driveway. I go into work about 0500 in the A.M. I see cell phones, newspaper readers, shaving, makeup application, and biz paper work. Ya gotta be careful. BTW....I DID see a guy on a bike one day trying to use his cell phone. He had it between his shoulder and his neck. Stupidest thing I think I had seen on a bike for a LONG while........

·
Registered
154 Posts
dd3genrider said:
All bikes should be equipped with cell phone jammers that broadcast in a 100 yard radius, . "Hang up and drive"..."Hang up and drive"..."Hang up and drive"..."Hang up and drive"..."Hang up and drive"...
Good idea...but make it 500 yards...to give'em time to hang up :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts