Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out to Woodlawn Tennessee on the 22nd. I'm looking for campgrounds between Jackson TN and Land Between the Lakes. Thinking I'm going to leave out before lunch on the 22nd and probably make it to Land Between the Lakes by afternoon for some evening riding. We're trailering in with our box trailer which doubles as our mini camper. We want to make camp and ride and head out the next morning to my Dad's house in Woodlawn. I remember a large marina on the Cumberland River before Land Between the Lakes and thought that might be a nice area to camp as well, but I don't remember the name of the town. Any suggestions? Most likely looking for water hook up, maybe electric, but neither is a necessity. We're making this a practice run for a real motorcycle camping trip. Going to bring just what we can fit on the bike and see where our holes are in our plans and gear.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Land between the Lakes is really nice, but we stayed at the BIG lodge there 9 years ago. There are if I remember, a few campgrounds in the area. The Visitors center should provide you with information when you get there.

·
Registered
9,478 Posts
Land between the Lakes is really nice, but we stayed at the BIG lodge there 9 years ago. There are if I remember, a few campgrounds in the area. The Visitors center should provide you with information when you get there.

I like them visitors centers ...

bathrooms, free maps and tons of useful information...

campgrounds being just one of them..

even discount coupons....:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts