Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know what has gotten into me but I really like to learn how to do wheelies. All the wheelies I have seen are with bikes under 500lbs. My VTX1300C is a truck by comparison. So, has any one doe this or do I have to buy another bike?

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
It’s not the best choice for a wheelie bike.

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
I don't know what has gotten into me but I really like to learn how to do wheelies. All the wheelies I have seen are with bikes under 500lbs. My VTX1300C is a truck by comparison. So, has any one doe this or do I have to buy another bike?
You can tip up almost anything with the correct technique. Search youtube for wheelies on baggers. If they can wheelie a StreetGlide, you can wheelie a VTX. Certainly would be easier on an 1800 though.

Learning to wheelie on a 800lb bike is suicide, or at least costly. Start on a bicycle. If you can't wheelie that, then you'll likely not figure it out on a motorcycle, without a great deal of damage and injury.

Reactions: rangers4u

·
Old Goat
25,806 Posts
Good Luck.....Just remember
”Stupid Always Hurts.....”

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I did it once on my ”F” and it scared the hell out of me. On my CBR954RR no big deal, the VTX. yeah, never again.

·
Registered
9,144 Posts
I did it once on my ”F” and it scared the hell out of me. On my CBR954RR no big deal, the VTX. yeah, never again.
Same here. When I bought my 1800 in 2011, it had just under 6K on her. 3 weeks into getting used to her, I was following a car who wasn't sure where he wanted to right-turn. We were doing probably 15-20 mph, and I was in 2nd gear. As we approached a church lot, on a left hand curve, he decided to right-turn into the lot w/o any signal. People who do that tend to irritate me. As he starts his turn, I leaned left, and cracked the throttle. The front end came off the ground, and I was like, WHOA! This beeyotch has a bottom end! Probably not good for the rubbers in the rear drive or the u joints, but yeah....it'll do it!

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
you do know.. the radiator mounts are known to be weak.... no wheelies.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got this 1300 and I've done it twice with my wife on the back. Story gets even crazier, my clutch cable broke on me and I wasn't really thinking of rolling starts because of where I was when it snapped on me. So I did it while holding the end of my clutch cable with my left hand and pulling on it with my teeth! Did that twice to get home. Tire came up both times. Probably looked pretty cool, definitely was like WHAO! some of the stupid stuff we do, lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I load my VTX1800 in my Ford F 250 Many times. arched ramp. its a ride up ramp.
3 foot x 10 foot.
I have an F150 with bigger tires raising the height a little. Most of the ramps I've looked at are 92" inches long, not ten foot. I'll probably get one but don't need it just yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts