Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the market for a set of crash bars that I plan to mount some kury silver bullets to. Is there any way some of yall could post some pics and tell me what kind they are? I have a friend that has a set of mcenterprise bars that look nice. Thanks for all of your help!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just don't remember the brand, maybe JC Whitney or MC Enterprises. They are aftermarket but the Honda dealer ordered them for me. They are just fine!

Attachments

·
Old Goat
26,227 Posts
paladins, I really like them. good luck on your choice

click pik

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
paladins, I really like them. good luck on your choice
:agree:

When I was shopping for my bars I used the 'search' function here and got some good reading on bars. I was going with the Cobra 'fatty' bars because I really like the retro look, but I had read that there is a concern of how they angle out and might catch in a hard lean turn.

If you look at them from the front of the bike, the National Cycle Paladins are angled up from the bottom mount so you'll hit the floorboards (if you have an R) before you hit the bottom bend of the crash bar. The last thing I want to worry about is lifting the front wheel in a turn because I'm sparking on my crash bar! :yikes:

One criticism of the Paladin bars has been that they can bend in a crash because they are only mounted at the top by 'c' clamps on the frame, whereas some others (like the Cobra's) go across the top of the frame in one piece, making it more sturdy in case of a crash where your leg might be pinned under the bike.

One poster here said he went down and the Paladin bar did bend, but it still saved his leg by holding the bike off it in the crash. Another posted that he went down and the Paladin held up fine without bending. I'm sure some of this had to do with keeping the bolts tight on the top mount.

Here's a photo of the Paladin bars and you can see the angle going up from the bottom mount.

If you're interested, here's the link to buy from our sponsor:

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=2739&str=13&ID=906140472

Here's the Cobra bars :

I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but the bottom bend in the Cobra's is below the floorboards, whereas it is above the floorboards on the Paladin bars.

I've also read some people have problems mounting the Cobra bars because of bolt holes not lining up. I'm sure a bunch of people will chime in saying they had no problem with them though.

My Paladins mounted quite easily by myself, and would have been easier with some help.

I have no knowledge of the MC Enterprise bars, or other brands.

Good luck! :doorag:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I too am looking at bars but for the 1800 but the info is good and just wanted to chip in to subscribe to the thread.

never noticed the angle at the bottom of the paladins compared to the fatties

·
Registered
354 Posts
What ever brand of crash bars I have I know for certain the floorboards grind road 1st. It is scary to think of swiveling on a crash bar.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Angle looks weird in pic below, but they look nice up close......I'm happy with the Paladin bars...I bought them because the were less expensive. I don't think you can go wrong with Paladin, Cobra, or Barons.

roy d...got mine from DLP here:thumbup:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I can personally attest to the form and function of the Show Chrome highway bars. I totalled my bike about 2 months ago and the crash bars performed well and I have a new set on order from HDL. I recommend them highly.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Lindby bars.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cobra Freeway Fattys. Installed easily and look great.

·
Registered
120 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts