Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I totally forgot what gear I was in yesterday after a quick stop to avoid a left turner, and, at @ <20 mph, I started off HARD in 5th gear Felt like I was riding on a 1930's single cylinder John Deer tractor.

Bang.... bang.... bang....bang.. bang bangbangbang brrooooom...............

I have heard that you baasically cannot damage these engines or bearings from lugging them due to the pressure and type of lubrication system. Is this correct?

H

·
0 Posts
When you hear that noise you should be downshifting quickly. If you lug it enough times I think it may start to cause some problems.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hal @ Honda Direct Line said:
When you hear that noise you should be downshifting quickly. If you lug it enough times I think it may start to cause some problems.
I remember that. I wish I had downshifted while braking. After the hard braking, it left me HAVING to accellerate to get away from another car that tried to pull out from behind the first car. The second car cut the turn short, and was heading straight toward me. They both had had a red light for some time. They RAN it. Wish I could have seen it coming.

Afterward, I had to pull over untill my hands stopped shaking. It was that close.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts