Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need a little help troubleshooting my headlight issue. I am NOT the original owner so I'm trying to figure out how all the wirings go. light bulbs are good so other than that, what things should I look for? headlight in turn signals are in operation cannot get the accessory headlights to come on.
? C360_2015-05-12-09-56-04-421.jpg C360_2015-05-12-09-47-55-498.jpg C360_2015-05-12-09-49-26-603.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
you not knowing what is what. as for the wiring...
and many do not follow standard wiring rules..

first . is the Honda installed head light. working.. as many connect it there.. and starter switch power the headlight. and get dirty.. and stops working.
cleaning switch is best.. if not burnt..

other wise. you will have to trace the wires and see where they go.. and check for fuses/broken connections/corrosion...
and check the grounds... no or dirty ground = No light.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
AUX driving lights are on a separate fuse from the headlight and turn signals. Is there a separate switch envoled?? Is this a new to you bike or a new to you problem?

·
Registered
12,232 Posts
Honda and Cobra(?) lightbars use a relay and fuse that ties into the optional fog light connector.
The Aux/fog light switch has failed on a few VTX... Some have had the lamp wire
short out and blow the fuse(may be taped to relay in HL bucket).
You should be in the headlight bucket with a test light looking at the Aux/Driving light wiring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts