Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
63,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to do my brakes, rotors and pads on the family Camry. If I'm replacing these, I'd like to upgrade and get better. Right now I am looking at either Brembo vented solid rotors and their pads or PowerStop vented Z17 rotor pad kits. I'm leaning towards the PowerStop. Any other kits or reviews of those form you guys and girls here??

Thanks ;)

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Wilwood? Many have used these on customs & street rods.

·
Premium Member
6,647 Posts
Some cars come with weak OEM brakes. I'm not familiar with the Camery, but if the OEM brakes provided reasonably good service, I avoid spending too much extra for the higher performance, costlier replacements. Wagner Brakes offer great OEM replacements at pretty good prices. If you are looking for a performance upgrade then I think you're looking in the right direction. I find that for the couple of times you may have to do the brakes in a car, good OEM replacements provide the best balance of cost/performance/price.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Don't waste money putting Wilwood on a Camry, please!
I would check out EBC or simply just get Napa's best.

Reactions: Curt E and Harkon

·
Premium Member
11,982 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,982 Posts
Try Rockauto.com....Multi able choices for pads and rotors. Great prices, and receive in 4/5 days.

I've found 1A auto to be good as well. And great customer service when we got a bad regulator, sent one out and told me to toss the bad one.

As mentioned, I'd probably go stock on a Camry. Toyota is pretty good at engineering those and you may have forgotten how good they were new.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Geez. Sorry I mentioned Wilwood. The OP was for AFTERMARKET suggestions, and all I did was offer 1. OP mentioned Brembo before I did Wilwood. High end chit either way.

Reactions: PHATV and nate6966

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
No, I wasn't thinking Wilwood for this just a small upgrade to the OEM rotors and pads is all. I'm an aggressive driver so I'd like a little better pedal is all as long as I have to do brakes ;)
for better brake feel and performance .... braided steel brake hoses....then good pads and rotors..

rubber expands... and cars has many feet of expanding rubber brake hoses.

not cheap.. but worth it...

if its $$$$
go steel braided hoses and Factory STOCK brake pads and rotors..

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've had good luck using cheep rotors and the good semi metalic or ceramic pads on cars. The hot rod rotors don't last as long as the cheep ones . so your an aggressive driver? That means you slam on the brakes at the last moment , good luck with brake life .eo

·
Registered
56 Posts
This may be too late, but the brands Hawk, Ebc, akebono, and centric StopTech are the top aftermarket/racing brake manufacturers. Of these I have had the best results with Ebc redstuff pads. Usually 60-80 for a set though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts