Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody polish the cast fork lowers and have chrome wheels? Wondering if you can tell a difference between the two when the parts are all assembled. I'm thinking about chroming vs polishing them.

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
I polished my lower forks and you can tell the difference between that & chrome. It looks ok but I will be chroming them next winter. Some people powder coat them and there swingarm to match the color of there bike.

Are you going to chrome, paint or polish your stock fork tubes?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was orignally going to polish the final and fork legs, but I'm sick of sanding. My rims are chrome so I think based on what you said, I'll send them off for chroming now since everything is apart. I was planning on painting the swingarm the same color as the bike, similar to yours. I was debating on chroming it, but I think it would be too much. Gotta have a little color!
I'm getting a little fed up with this project, and the amount of money it's costing me. There's so many times I've been tempted to throw in the towel.

·
Xtreme Member
4,850 Posts
sleddingguy said:
I'm getting a little fed up with this project, and the amount of money it's costing me. There's so many times I've been tempted to throw in the towel.
I swear you just copied & pasted that sentence above from a earlier post from me :lol:

I did allot of my own polishing too, but it was holding me back from doing other things. I ended up sending my final peices out to chrome.

Here's something to confuse you more. I'm going to chrome my final drive next winter, here's why: when I look at the picture below with the chrome drive, my eye's are drawn right to the chrome wheel and out the other side. The wheel is where the money's at and you want people to notice.

When you look at my red final drive, my eye's stop there and the chrome rear wheel is not as noticable in my opinion. Some will say the contrast with the chrome wheel & red final drive sets's off the wheel but I disagree in this situation.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, kicked around painting the final drive, because I have the chrome super hub and trim ring, I'm not sure it would fit quite right. I guess you solidified what I was thinking with the chrome.

I'm just going to chrome the major stuff this year. When I have more cash over the winter, I'll do the little stuff like the calipers and trees. Things that I can easily unbolt without a huge headache.

If you do go with a chrome final, leave the swing arm red. The contrast would seperate the front/rear of the bike nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.