Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a catalitic converter in the stock mufflers on a 2006 vtx 1300? If so, would you have to have the PAIR valve working?

·
Super Moderator
63,587 Posts
Cats were only on California models. PAIR system is on every model. The two have nothing to do with each other you can remove either or both or none and still have it run the same

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. My 2006 vtx 1300c had Vance and Hines pipes on it when I got it and a friend gave me a set of stock pipes from a 1300n. I have them installed now and was wondering about weather I needed to have the PAIR valve with a cat. Who ever put the pipes on left the PAIR valve on. It doesn't look like it has ben messed with. I am getting ready to go over everything since I have no idea what this bike has had for maintenance. It does seem to be in good condition.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Thanks for the reply. My 2006 vtx 1300c had Vance and Hines pipes on it when I got it and a friend gave me a set of stock pipes from a 1300n. I have them installed now and was wondering about weather I needed to have the PAIR valve with a cat. Who ever put the pipes on left the PAIR valve on. It doesn't look like it has ben messed with. I am getting ready to go over everything since I have no idea what this bike has had for maintenance. It does seem to be in good condition.
The PAIR valve and exhaust pipe are different systems. Once the PAIR is removed, there is no need to install it. If the PAIR valve is there, then it's removal is optional, regardless. I believe most here have, at some point, removed the PAIR system. It really is unnecessary clutter and was an emissions strategy. Check the "How To" forum for recommendation on how to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts