Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a lift that I think I got from Pepboys several years ago but the hydrolics aren't holding anymore. Does anyone know if I can tighten this thing up?

·
Old Goat
25,002 Posts
Roll one of those sears yellow jacks under it. Just my .02 as I know you paid alot for the scoot. good luck on this one.:thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had a car floor jack do that (also a cheapy) and I refilled the hydraulic oil and I still use it 2 years later. Not sure if you can do that with your lift, but maybe worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Check the fluid level, should be a rubber plug some where on the cylinder housing of the bottle jack. I have the cheap Harbor Frieght jack and had a leak down problem and found one of the two screws in the base of the jack was loose. Tightened it and all was fine. If all else fails, it may be possible and cheaper to purchase another bottle jack and replace the one that is on the lift.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
I had a Harbor Freight Jack and it lifted my bike 2 or 3 times before it leaked down (fluid passing the seal, gave it to my son and he took it back and they gave him a new one). I have had a Pepboys jack for a couple years and it works great and is very easily controled.

If it leaks I would be leery to use it parts for the bike cost too much to chance it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts