Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my 1300 is down for MORE custom mods, I asked Bryan (BDsbigZRX) to find me something to ride, something affordable. He found this 1990 Kawasaki Concours with 35k miles for $1000. All it needed was some TLC. The fork seals were blown, the finish on the wheels (especially the front) and the forks were terrible due to all the neglect and fork oil dripping down them. The paint/body was about what you'd expect from a 17 year old bike, a little faded, weathered, and tired looking. Seat was torn, bags were scuffed up. The usual stuff.

My wife made a new seat cover, BD sandblasted and painted the wheels in a satin single stage black (they look like they've been powdercoated!) and we installed new tires. BD also did a solid color metallic blue paintjob, and we painted the bags as well. The forks got Race-tech goodies and 1.1 springs in them, and we had the lowers powdercoated gloss black. Added a few parts here and there. Made a luggage/backrest. Still a few little things to do. While no one's going to believe it's a new bike, for a total investment of +/- $1700 it's a lot of MC for the $! 8) 8) 8)

Shot with FinePix2650 at 2007-07-13

Here's where BIG NASTY (1300R) stands as of now:

*soft tail rear suspension installed
*frame raked 10*
The rear wheel is headed back to CA for some adjustments. The bike sits LOW. The bottom of the frame is probably gonna be +/- 4" off the ground :shock: 8) We're gonna re-use the front fender and rear fender off the previous version, but a new paintjob will be laid down as we're gonna paint the frame too this time. 8)

For those that didn't know, here's what it used to look like before it had a flat tire and we needed to tear the bike down and re-build it :roll: :lol:

Shot at 2007-07-13

·
Registered
8,223 Posts
... and the winner is ...

Don't forget to have a good time ... :wink:

:crew:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts