Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I put them on my 07 1300 r not too long ago. I like the look of them. You paid for 12 what I paid for six. Wish I would of see your site before I bought mine. I agree with you on how it makes the bike look

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Soon after I bought my S-Retro in 2003 I acquired Chromeworks' fender strips, sold by figowitz, a VTXOA member. Although they were thinnish two-dimensional (i.e., front and back paper) mylar strips they did the job. The website you link to has no details about their actual constitution but if they are "strips" I'm presuming they too are the mylar strips like Chromeworks sells.

HOWEVER, around 2006 Kuryakyn came out with fender louvers. Because the louvers are true plasti-chrome, with an actual 3-D aspect and tactile feel (i.e., raised and rounded chrome-plastic) they make a much better impression than the strips. Heck, they shine up as well!!

They're certainly much pricier than the mylar strips, but considering they have the substantial look of bona fide louvers, they're totally worth it. Just to say that happily now -- and alert others who have yet to research -- that when it comes to filling up those otherwise plain indentations on our retro fenders, there are choices for every budget and taste! :grin:

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=5279&str=13

If you look in the below pic of my scoot you can definitely see what I mean.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I also put a set on my bike (gift from kids one Fathers day) - I wasn't too sure I wanted them, but the pictures don't do them justice - they really add to the look of the retros.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blade - nice!

Blade - great pics! I will take some pictures of the ones I got from http://bikechromestrips.com and upload them. They seem to be a chrome encompasses flexible plastic. I know the guy who sells them and will ask him to put some construction details out there and if I learn more I will add it here. He is a good guy.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Thanks, and please DO (add some pics). Since there's now at least three choices for professionally manufactured pre-cut/custom chrome strips or louvers, definitely give your fellow members that extra tool that can help them decide what's right for them. Otherwise, their price is certainly competitive!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts