Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a thread recently about a member that made his own lowers. One of the responses mentioned to dress them up with "chrome tape". I've done a couple searches and can't find any references to chrome tape. I have another application for it on a part that I moded. Does anyone know where I can get chrome tape? Also, links would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Most of your local auto parts stores or plumbing and heating type stores carry this tape. It is used behind body filler by some of the quick fix auto body shops and for ventilation systems to seal the duct work.

·
Old Goat
26,226 Posts
I was just looking at some down at Auto Zone in the dress up section, looked to be about 5" wide, but I dont know how long the roll was. good luck

·
Registered
205 Posts
Truthly, all of the chrome tape that I have used or seen was more on the cover up side of the spectrum than any real improvement in appearence. Its ok if you just want to hide something, but it doesn't look all that good, doesn't really lay flat and smooth, and the thicker versions actually wrinkle when you unroll them to apply. It will always look like what it is, just rolled thin aluminum tape. This is just my opinion, but to me it is a big waste of money.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
You might should make some pictures with measurements.

I got a friend of mine that has a vinyl printing business. You could contact one locally and get them to cut you a chrome laminate sheet. I don't think it will make compound bends (will roll around the drive shaft but not over the battery cover because of the intersections).

You can see those chrome flames all the time on ebay, someone here could have them on their bike, but I haven't seen any in a picture.

My friend gave be a SOA reaper, I got it on my laptop...
I'll snap it on with my cell phone..
01-02-09_1711.jpg
bad photo... had it at an angle because of lighting but they can make anything.....basically.
Try one of those businesses, they will do better than tape.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks TennX, Big Mac and everyone else. I'll try the autoparts store to start with and then the graphic sign place if that doesn't work out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't that "MUFFLER TAPE". I am all for cheap mods, but that sounds pretty bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts