Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Looking for current info on chromers local to Pittsburgh, if anyone has used one around here.

Need to get my rotor centers done to match my wheels, which are getting Permastar'd.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
There are these two you could call:
ALBERT'S CHROME STORE Address : RD 1 BOX 41A
CHESWICK, PA 15024 Phone : (724) 265-3810

Paul's Chrome Plating
http://www.paulschrome.com/

There is also a guy around Irwin who chromes. can't remember the name though....:?:
Maybe Carl does, we were there together.

Also a few people on the main board chrome if you don't mind sending it out......
Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks....I went ahead and sent the rotors off to Goodrich at their suggestion to see if they can do them.....I would prefer the powder method on all the parts versus hoping regular chrome holds up....

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Years ago I had my wheels and rotor centers powder coated glossy black here in Cresent Township by Prism Powder Coating. They did a nice job. It looks like from what i read the PermaStar process is somewhat different than powder coating, but I thought I'd share what happened to my rotors. The wheels held up perfect. No chipping or scratching. The only trouble with the rotors was when I removed them later I found the that coating had cracked and chipped around most of the bolt holes. You couldn't see them since the bolt head hid them. I guess the pressure from tightening and loosening them along with the difference in the coating and the aluminums hardness caused it. You might ask the Goodrich folks if they think that might be a problem. Probably not but I never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They actually do talk about bolt holes being clear , but they more or less say it is so the bolts will torque properly and not loosen up....

What you are saying makes sense....I will watch for it when they come back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts