Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any body tell me what to do and not to do when cleaning wheels on a 1300 C , thear are some products that in the caution label say DO NOT USE ON ANODIZED, MAGNESIUM, UN-COATED OR POWDER-COATED WHEELS, also NOT SAFE FOR MOTORCYCLE WHEELS, is my first time cleaning and i don't want to damage the wheels

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
For just cleaning the stock rims, I spray the tires and wheels with degreaser and then use a faily stiff nylon brush on the tires and wheels, then spray them off with the hose. Does a great job! To get a good shine without polishing, try Mothers Billet polish, takes some pretty good elbow grease, but will do a good job, till your ready to polish them! I have used the degreaser on my car factory wheels (coated aluminum) for years and never had a problem. JMO.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I use 000 steel wool, then a product called Black Diamond. The 000 steel wool takes off any hard deposits without harming the stock rims, and the Black Diamond really shines them up.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Samueul said:
I use 000 steel wool, then a product called Black Diamond. The 000 steel wool takes off any hard deposits without harming the stock rims, and the Black Diamond really shines them up.
Tahnks

So those wheels are aluminum and dont have any coat?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts