Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do all you guys use to clean your X? Honda Polish? What else? Anything special on the wheels?
How about windshield? Just soap? Any input is greatly appreciated. Havent ever had to clean all this chrome before.
Thanks.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have come to love the S100 spray on cleaner for the bike!! Spray on, rinse off, wipe off with a towel and it looks like new!!!

I use Plexus on the windshield. I pop off the shield when using the S100...don't know if it would hurt it, but it's easy enough to not take the chance.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Weak Simple Green solution to clean the entire bike, (less than 50/50 with water), then a coat of Turtle Wax Ice for the time being. When it runs out I'll probably get some more Fat Bob's wax.

Simple Green on the windshield too, even works on bugs. Then a coat of Ice; found that out by accident but it works well.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ahhh... Simple Green... probably the best kept secret of Dollar General... My parents out from California on vacation took a case back with them.... :lol:

She's right.. Spray it down.... let sit for about 3 minutes... (Don't do this with the bike hot, or in direct sunlight--if it dries hard, you're screwed.) Rinse it off...

I use an air compressor to blow off the water spots and to get water out of fins and knooks and crannies... then polish it up with micro fiber.. 15 mins and done.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for everyones input. Anyone use the Honda Polish?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
badvtx1300 said:
Thanks for everyones input. Anyone use the Honda Polish?
That's all I used so far on the bike itself. 10 months and 4000 miles.

On ocassion, I have used Fantastik on the wheels to remove dirt and Mother's Polish to shine.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hondabrite on everything but the windshield and Plexus on that.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. I will stick with the Honda spray and Plexus on the shield. 8)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Honda spray on bike and windshield works great on both :)

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Only thing I use is Poorboys Spray and Wipe with microfiber towels. Works like a dream and is real quick and easy.

I bought a 5 gallon pail and use it on the cars and stuff in the house too. Amazing stuff. :pepper1:

www.poorboysworld.com

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
privatejoker said:
+1 on the honda spray my bike has never seen a water hose
+2 on the Honda spray. I wet wash my bike once or twice a year at the most.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The guy that custom painted my ex's bike recommended Murphys Oil Soap for washing. He said it cleans well and leaves a fine oil film to prevent any rusting. Made sense and that's all I will use to wash my bike with now. Works great and one heck of a shine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts