Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I replaced the clutch fluid in my my clutch and had a bunch of brown crap on the sides of the master cylinder (I am assuming it was rust). So I bled it way down and cleaned the inside of the master cylinder with a towel. In the process i dislodged the little protector gizmo and I don't know how exactly to put it back. I looked at the microfiche put the picture is a little blurry on this part. Would any of you happen to have a picture on the inside of the master cylinder.

Robbie

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Part number 8 on the microfiche? The solid flap should fit over the tiny hole in the bottom of the reservoir. It deflects the fluid and keeps it from squirting out the top of the reservoir when it's open.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Part number 8 on the microfiche? The solid flap should fit over the tiny hole in the bottom of the reservoir. It deflects the fluid and keeps it from squirting out the top of the reservoir when it's open.
+2 :agree:all you have to do is push it back in it should stay I took my 2 master cylinders off to have them painted and while I was cleaning the insides I had this happen on both I just "lightly" pushed them back into the hole with a small screwdriver.

Mr C

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts