Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
never really noticed but does it produce much heat.i have a chrome skull with blue eyes i want to put on it.it has two sided tape on it.it's won't melt the tape will it?

·
Registered
592 Posts
I wouldn't think it would cause a problem. I have skulls on my both of my engine covers. They are made of a plastic polymer and I used clear RTV to attach them. 2-1/2 years and no problems. I did re-RTV on side when I noticed it was a little loose. I can't find the pics with mine but here is what they look like and a link to the manufacture.
www.zambinibros.com

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Hey goodtimes, those are cool!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I've got similar skulls on my engine covers. I've had them there for 2 years, and no problems.
Shadango.....Where did you get the snow tires for your X? LOL

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey Goodtimes, those are pretty dang sweet. I visited their site but didn't see anything for an X. Which ones do you have??

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
I've got similar skulls on my engine covers. I've had them there for 2 years, and no problems.
Shadango.....Where did you get the snow tires for your X? LOL
LOL :D You'd be surprised at home well the bike did.

Metlzer ME880 tires. And a whole lot of "pucker".

I think the 1300's low center of gravity is what made it possible though.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Hey Goodtimes, those are pretty dang sweet. I visited their site but didn't see anything for an X. Which ones do you have??
its just by size... there not made for any specific bike..they are universal..

so if you want something for the clutch cover...4" should do it ..

some have holes for airbox applications..

cool stuff, and well made..ive seen a few of these on rides...

·
Registered
898 Posts
its just by size... there not made for any specific bike..they are universal..
so if you want something for the clutch cover...4" should do it ..
some have holes for airbox applications..
cool stuff, and well made..ive seen a few of these on rides...
Oh, ok. So then it's just a matter of holding them in place with d/sided tape or something along those lines right?

Thanks man!

·
Old Goat
26,218 Posts
Those things are sweeeeet, I just got one of those 80" cubic clutch covers and man is that thing heavy may have to get some of that 3 sided tape.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Oh, ok. So then it's just a matter of holding them in place with d/sided tape or something along those lines right?

Thanks man!
I used clear RTV silicone for mine. They are concave on the backside so I filled them with silicone and then taped them in place with blue painters tape over night. Any excess that comes out the side I wiped off first before taping and once it sets up I used a razor blade and goo off to clean it up. I think the silicone is a better choice than the tape. Once it sets up and you clean up it is hard to see it against the chrome surface.

And yes most of these are universal. A few are made for HD applications and you can see the holes for the screws. I have the ones pictured in the first post above in silver. I will probably be changing soon whem I get my new fairing and hard bags. I have some ideas but don't want to let the cat out of the bag so to speak. Glad you guys like these.

If you have questions about their products don't hesitate to call and talk to them. Donna is a great lady and really helpful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts