Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been at least 2/3 weeks since I've ridden (Cold Arkansas) and today at lunch I decided to trade the truck for the bike. Anyhow I noticed right away there was not much clutch handle but thought well something may have stuck and will free up with a small ride (Stupid me). I ended up putting it back in the garage and thought I don't want to get to far away from home and have something happen to where I have to load it on a trailer (not a harley). Also noticed when I pulled it back in the garage I couldn't shift from 1st to neutral so I killed the engine and then it shifted.

Any thoughts anyone? The bike has around 19k miles and I have flushed and filled the clutch system about 1.5 years ago.

·
Registered
16,088 Posts
I'll bet if you bleed it you'll get just a little bit of air. This is a strange anomaly, but I found the same thing on a riding buddies bike a few months ago. We bled it and it's fine now :dontknow:

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jon, same thing Dhealy50 said to do. Didn't have a chance to do it after work since I am trying to get the new HiDef TV and satellite all up and running the way I want. Will probably do it Thursday.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jon that fixed it. Took me longer to take the cover off than it did to fix it. Pumped up the mightvac and cracked the bleeder. Remove not more than a thimble of fluid and presto I had clutch again. Thanks. Really strange thing.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I'll bet if you bleed it you'll get just a little bit of air. This is a strange anomaly, but I found the same thing on a riding buddies bike a few months ago. We bled it and it's fine now :dontknow:

Same thing Happened to SKAMMERS bike on the Miss Board and he has the MTC clutch. No leaks but had no clutch.

Bare Blead the system and it never had a problem since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts