Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my X has 17800 miles and the clutch seems to slip a bit sometimes can I buy the MTC clutch and just put the springs in to see if I can get more millage out of the stock clutch. And then when it is no good put the MTC clutch disc in? I know several people have shimmed the stock springs or installed Barnette springs. :dontknow:

·
Mad Hatter
21,344 Posts
So what did U do?? How is it working??

·
Registered
465 Posts
You can mic the thickness of your friction plates and then decide if there's enough life left to be worth it from there. .146"- .153" is the stock new spec. with a .120" minimum. It depends how long it's been slipping, good luck.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
my steels miced out at .151 after 90000 mi.....don
Pay no attention to this statement right up here.....:agree:

This is a statement from a man that is over worked, over tired, under payed, who just had a plain old brain farted thought.

What he ment to say was his FIBERS not his STEELS. :roll:

Show

·
Registered
257 Posts
Spring question

Just changed the springs on my vtx1800t this weekend. It only took 2 1/2hrs, and that was with me taking my time. Note: In my case I did not have to remove exhaust so the job was easy. If you only have minor slippage I would do the spring swap; and if it still slips, replace the clutch. What's 2 1/2 hrs, one football game, rather work on my bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts