Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2002 vtx 1800 C
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for the Barnett clutch springs # 501-48-06129 for my 1800 does anybody know were I could get these in Canada. I went to Barnett and they want over 40.00 bucks for shipping, they are nuts. thanks

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Not a good idea, it will cost me 40/50 bucks on gas plus 3 hrs of driving.
Another way to look at it would be "it'll cost me 40/50 bucks in gas and I'll GET TO ride for 3 hours". :)
But that's just my perspective from my bed while I am jealous of all y'all riding.
You don't have to agree but it's still a valid perspective.

·
Registered
551 Posts
So I ordered the EBC springs, cost me 20$ with shipping a lot cheaper then the Barnett that would have cost me over 100$ Canadian for the ones I wanted.
Spring cup measures 1.20" assembled, this is the figure I used when measuring with my spring tester.
Stock springs=62 lbs.
EBC/CSK90 springs=88 lbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Good factual information to have. 33% increase in spring pressure. That will help keep the clutch engaged in top gear and under full load.
However, did you notice increase in clutch lever pull needed to disengage the clutch? Do you have a measurement device for that task, by any chance?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Measuring with a fish scale on the clutch lever.
MTC took 14-15 lbs pull force
Stock 11-12 lbs pull force
I did not measure the EBC pull force because it didn't seem to pull any harder than stock. I attribute that to a more linear/taller spring vs a short stout spring like the MTC.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Make sure it's not per plate! :D
But seriously, $16 for a set? That seems like a very good price. Might buy them for future (seeing as how the inflation is blowing up and items going out of stock quickly)

I assume he has the steel plates too? Those can get pretty worn as well. Not a good thing to find out once the clutch is all apart and then have to wait another 2 weeks on delivery.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts