Honda VTX Forum banner

Clutch

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Hans&Feet 
#1 ·
I haven't been riding this bike long, but it seems like recently, the arthritis in my left hand has gotten so bad I can hardly pull the clutch in. I am wondering if any of you old timers know of anything that can be done, or am I to the point of giving up my lifelong dream. I have loved motorcycles since I was a kid and I finally got one I love to ride.

#2 · (Edited)
Extend the clutch lever and less finger strength needed...More travel is the trade-off.
My DIY extension made from steel electrical box cover.
Someone sells them.. NOT me..

Late VW had a vacuum piston that operated the clutch lever.
No clutch pedal, just a bit of slack in the neutral position of the shifter.
Just a light touch and piston would disengage clutch, and you pushed transmission into gear.

Attachments

Reactions: Curt E
#4 ·
#8 ·
The Glens Garage clutch relief works wonders and the kit has everything you need to install. I did mine in less than 20 minutes. I did not have any problems re-installing the OEM cable.

#9 · (Edited)
You appear to have way too much cable at the relief end...I have an R and cables are longer...my bike has 54k..use my pix to get u started...and go from there.....once adjusted a good universal measurement is the lever should have the width of 2 Nickles at cable end..as stated on forum back in the day..

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.