Honda VTX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

· Registered
2007 VTX 1800N (N1), Vance and Hines (baffled), stock intake, 23K miles and growing
432 Posts
at my office we have 3 disabled persons, I happen to be one of them, we have 3 disabled spots.

our warehouse forklift jockeys come in at 5am and decided the disabled spots are theirs for the taking. When confronted they have always said "well no one was parked there". well no $hit, the rest of the company comes in at 8 or 9, not 5.

for me it is about the respect for the disabled persons. while I am in fairly good shape and don't really need the spot, I do have a replacement hip and screws holding my pelvis together, there are days that walking can be problematic.

I got tired of it, it's not about being "my spot". i will park on the street if need.

Reported to Management, they put out a memo telling people that if they do not have the proper disabled plates or plaque and parked there, anyone within the company has their permission to call the police and have the vehicle cited or towed.

fixed the problem for about 2 weeks, then started again, so every time I see one of these jacktards in the DP spot I call the police. 4 vehicles towed in 3 weeks,

hasn't been to much of an issue for about 4 months.
That's nuts. Where do you guys live?

· Premium Member
11,024 Posts
at my office we have 3 disabled persons, I happen to be one of them, we have 3 disabled spots.

our warehouse forklift jockeys come in at 5am and decided the disabled spots are theirs for the taking. When confronted they have always said "well no one was parked there". well no $hit, the rest of the company comes in at 8 or 9, not 5.

for me it is about the respect for the disabled persons. while I am in fairly good shape and don't really need the spot, I do have a replacement hip and screws holding my pelvis together, there are days that walking can be problematic.

I got tired of it, it's not about being "my spot". i will park on the street if need.

Reported to Management, they put out a memo telling people that if they do not have the proper disabled plates or plaque and parked there, anyone within the company has their permission to call the police and have the vehicle cited or towed.

fixed the problem for about 2 weeks, then started again, so every time I see one of these jacktards in the DP spot I call the police. 4 vehicles towed in 3 weeks,

hasn't been to much of an issue for about 4 months.
Sometimes it's what's necessary for people to realize they are, in fact, breaking the law.

Our office is in the same building as a gym. We can't leave our spots vacant for more than a few minutes before someone, who apparently can't read the sign that says it's employee parking, decides it's better for them to be close to where they go to exercise than it is for them to get some exercise getting there. When I catch them, I get attitude and stupid responses. Just read the freakin' sign for the love of God and know it's there because someone deemed it necessary.

· Registered
2,087 Posts
If you think this was about my parking space, you're as clueless as the guy who parked there. :poop:
nah, i have to agree with you on this one. a designated parking space is a designated parking space. be it bike or handicap. we are a civilized society and a civilized society live by rules. as for H.R. i never had to deal with that. working almost 50 years in construction, beefs between co workers were settled after work, either in the bar or out behind it.

· Premium Member
11,024 Posts
nah, i have to agree with you on this one. a designated parking space is a designated parking space. be it bike or handicap. we are a civilized society and a civilized society live by rules. as for H.R. i never had to deal with that. working almost 50 years in construction, beefs between co workers were settled after work, either in the bar or out behind it.
Brother, I think the days of men solving men problems in men ways is coming to an end. Even tough talk these days is violence. While your way was exceedingly efficient in clearing the air, today you might hurt someone's feelings.

· Registered
2,087 Posts
Brother, I think the days of men solving men problems in men ways is coming to an end. Even tough talk these days is violence. While your way was exceedingly efficient in clearing the air, today you might hurt someone's feelings.
i'ts sad really when you think about it. at the end of the fight the argument was over. when i was in high school if they caught you fighting they took you to the gym, put boxing gloves on you and you settled it there. the same teachers that did that to me called the cops on my kids and others when it happened.

· Registered
2,485 Posts
i'ts sad really when you think about it. at the end of the fight the argument was over. when i was in high school if they caught you fighting they took you to the gym, put boxing gloves on you and you settled it there. the same teachers that did that to me called the cops on my kids and others when it happened.
Teachers have changed but parents also.
Nowadays some parents won't accept their children being reprimanded by teachers.

· Registered
2002 VTX1800R Lowered 2" Rhinehardt Flush Cut, Brown County X with Flames Air Box Cover
1,915 Posts
Funny about how the cops did come for Mr. Incredible. We go to a gym right next to a Hy-Vee. They have designated spots 6 for the gym. People park in them all time. I never worried, but after I had surgery and had to use crutches, I was irked. Mentioned it the gym manager, and she said, "she call security who should
Nowadays some parents won't accept their children being reprimanded by teachers.
And those are the kids that are usually the issue.

· Registered
2002 VTX1800R Lowered 2" Rhinehardt Flush Cut, Brown County X with Flames Air Box Cover
1,915 Posts
We called that Smokers, Usually it was the jock against the stoners.
Funny thing was, there were some serious boxer in the stoners.
I live in Thornton CO at the time. Lots of Chicano's, and I befriended a Golden Gloves boxer.
David Munoz. We moved there summer 77,. I was short and fat, he took me under his wing, ROCKY was big at the time. Wore plastic sweat, learned to run and box. I was a Nerd, I moved around a lot, this was one of the best places I lived growing up.

· Premium Member
11,024 Posts
This brings up a good point, just to stray a bit. Currently, and just a few years back when my son was in grade school, fighting was punished the same, regardless of who was the aggressor. There was a zero bullying policy that allowed bullies to simply be protected by their own aggressions. No one would dare squeal, and no one would fight back because they'd be as guilty, then, as the asshats that were starting shite.

I got my son a heavy bag, hung it up in the basement and we worked it 30 minutes to an hour every day after school. Then I told him, to make sure he was off school grounds, they threaten that they can punish what happens off grounds, but they can't, and be 100% certain he was correct in defending himself and to not start any crap, but swing away when the situation called for it. He knocked the kid on his ass, and rattled his molars, one punch is all it took. Of course word got out and I couldn't wait for the principal to call me. We met and I let him spew his nonsense. When he was done, and the threats leveled, I then promised him that if this wasn't the end of it I would sue the school for their policy that protects the bullies and victimizes kids that just want to go to school. I had already spoken to my lawyer and he said he could make a case for damages. Even if the school only had to pay for the heavy bag, as that was therapy. I never heard about it again, but the school continued with the same policy. Good news is that for the few years my son had left at the school, he was a bit of a friend to the weaker kids that took far too much shit. The bullies wanted little to do with him. I totally support handling your own shit when it's appropriate. And when it's not, that's what the law is supposed to be for. Today's bullshit of some make people feel better but solve nothing accomplishes just that. NOTHING!

· Registered
2,274 Posts
That's nuts. Where do you guys live?
my office is in L.A. home to the worlds most entitled asshats

Sometimes it's what's necessary for people to realize they are, in fact, breaking the law.

Our office is in the same building as a gym. We can't leave our spots vacant for more than a few minutes before someone, who apparently can't read the sign that says it's employee parking, decides it's better for them to be close to where they go to exercise than it is for them to get some exercise getting there. When I catch them, I get attitude and stupid responses. Just read the freakin' sign for the love of God and know it's there because someone deemed it necessary.
yeah still doesn't help, some people you just can't reach.

Funny about how the cops did come for Mr. Incredible. We go to a gym right next to a Hy-Vee. They have designated spots 6 for the gym. People park in them all time. I never worried, but after I had surgery and had to use crutches, I was irked. Mentioned it the gym manager, and she said, "she call security who should

And those are the kids that are usually the issue.
Disabled spots are State and Federally Mandated and Regulated, doesn't matter if they are on private property or not, the police must enforce them, unlike other parking issues where it requires the property owner or manager to make the complaint with disabled spots anyone can complain, and the police are supposed to come out and enforce it.

in the L.A. suburb I am in, it is a very prominent problem, so much so that the PD has a special division of parking enforcement specifically dedicated to Disabled Parking enforcement, they even have an app where anyone can submit the complaint, take a picture of the vehicle, the plate and the windshield to show there is no plaque, upload to the PD and within 15-30 minutes parking enforcement is there.

and they will cite for the parking, and any and all fix-it violations they see, tint, no front plate, lowered or raised vehicles, wheels outside the fenders, and anything else they can.

one of our warehouse guys got his car refereed as a result of his indiscriminate parking. That means he had so many fix-it violations they took his car and suspended its registration and impounded it until the infractions are fixed.

· Registered
2,087 Posts
This brings up a good point, just to stray a bit. Currently, and just a few years back when my son was in grade school, fighting was punished the same, regardless of who was the aggressor. There was a zero bullying policy that allowed bullies to simply be protected by their own aggressions. No one would dare squeal, and no one would fight back because they'd be as guilty, then, as the asshats that were starting shite.

I got my son a heavy bag, hung it up in the basement and we worked it 30 minutes to an hour every day after school. Then I told him, to make sure he was off school grounds, they threaten that they can punish what happens off grounds, but they can't, and be 100% certain he was correct in defending himself and to not start any crap, but swing away when the situation called for it. He knocked the kid on his ass, and rattled his molars, one punch is all it took. Of course word got out and I couldn't wait for the principal to call me. We met and I let him spew his nonsense. When he was done, and the threats leveled, I then promised him that if this wasn't the end of it I would sue the school for their policy that protects the bullies and victimizes kids that just want to go to school. I had already spoken to my lawyer and he said he could make a case for damages. Even if the school only had to pay for the heavy bag, as that was therapy. I never heard about it again, but the school continued with the same policy. Good news is that for the few years my son had left at the school, he was a bit of a friend to the weaker kids that took far too much shit. The bullies wanted little to do with him. I totally support handling your own shit when it's appropriate. And when it's not, that's what the law is supposed to be for. Today's bullshit of some make people feel better but solve nothing accomplishes just that. NOTHING!
maybe if they let kids fight it out in this manner there would be less shootings. i know when we were kids, we all had guns, we just weren't using them on each other.

· Registered
2,087 Posts
We called that Smokers, Usually it was the jock against the stoners.
Funny thing was, there were some serious boxer in the stoners.
I live in Thornton CO at the time. Lots of Chicano's, and I befriended a Golden Gloves boxer.
David Munoz. We moved there summer 77,. I was short and fat, he took me under his wing, ROCKY was big at the time. Wore plastic sweat, learned to run and box. I was a Nerd, I moved around a lot, this was one of the best places I lived growing up.
i have 4 older brothers and an older sister. i learned everything i needed to know about fighting at home. out of necessity

· Registered
2,274 Posts

I was heavily bullied as a kid, all the way up to the 7th grade. in 2nd grade I started marital arts classes, but I never used it until I had enough. in the 7th grade my tormentor "Rodney" had pushed me too far, after Algebra class, he attempted to sucker punch me, I knew it was going to happen, had a text box in my shirt, after he punched me, I laid him, he was down, and bleeding and I kicked him a half dozen times to be sure he didn't get up.

then I went to gym class. whole school saw it, but Rodney nor anyone of his buddies wanted to tell the school staff it was me.

I went to a different school 8th through 11th, in 12th I went back to the city high school ran into Mr. Rodney on my first day in one of my classes, in 5 years I went from skinny shortest kid in the class to a soccer, football player, swimmer, and Water Polo player that was into weightlifting and dead lifting.

Mr. Rodney however had become a bit of a (more) overweight stoner.

when the teacher called my name for roll-call and I responded, Mr. Rodney looked over at me, got up and RAN out of the class.

· Premium Member
11,024 Posts
I was heavily bullied as a kid, all the way up to the 7th grade. in 2nd grade I started marital arts classes, but I never used it until I had enough. in the 7th grade my tormentor "Rodney" had pushed me too far, after Algebra class, he attempted to sucker punch me, I knew it was going to happen, had a text box in my shirt, after he punched me, I laid him, he was down, and bleeding and I kicked him a half dozen times to be sure he didn't get up.

then I went to gym class. whole school saw it, but Rodney nor anyone of his buddies wanted to tell the school staff it was me.

I went to a different school 8th through 11th, in 12th I went back to the city high school ran into Mr. Rodney on my first day in one of my classes, in 5 years I went from skinny shortest kid in the class to a soccer, football player, swimmer, and Water Polo player that was into weightlifting and dead lifting.

Mr. Rodney however had become a bit of a (more) overweight stoner.

when the teacher called my name for roll-call and I responded, Mr. Rodney looked over at me, got up and RAN out of the class.
Yeah, a lot if the time the bullies end up nothings. The worst my son endured now lives in an RV wherever he can park it for free. It's tough when it gets -40 out there, but it's all about choices.

· Registered
7,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
So today there was an e-mail response from the manager of the guy who I reported for parking in the Motorcycle Only spot. The manager wrote (best as I recall):

"I spoke with (insert employee name) about your concern with parking in the Motorcycle Only parking spot and told him if he has an concerns about where to park to take it up with (insert name of our Facilities manager)."

My mental response to this was;
  • Who the hell said (employee name) was "concerned" with where to park?" The opposite was the case, in that he totally lacked concern about it. WTF? o_O
I was talking to another co-worker about this whole matter and he laughed and said;

"Well, did you see there's a truck backed into the other Motorcycle Only spot? [We have 3 total, 2 on one side of the building, 1 on the other]. So after last weeks event, there was someone else parking in the other MO spot today.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

I

· Registered
2007 VTX 1800N (N1), Vance and Hines (baffled), stock intake, 23K miles and growing
432 Posts
So today there was an e-mail response from the manager of the guy who I reported for parking in the Motorcycle Only spot. The manager wrote (best as I recall):

"I spoke with (insert employee name) about your concern with parking in the Motorcycle Only parking spot and told him if he has an concerns about where to park to take it up with (insert name of our Facilities manager)."

My mental response to this was;
  • Who the hell said (employee name) was "concerned" with where to park?" The opposite was the case, in that he totally lacked concern about it. WTF? o_O
I was talking to another co-worker about this whole matter and he laughed and said;

"Well, did you see there's a truck backed into the other Motorcycle Only spot? [We have 3 total, 2 on one side of the building, 1 on the other]. So after last weeks event, there was someone else parking in the other MO spot today.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

I
Oh, man. I have to say, if people there are that messed up, hiring them for HR positions won't fix anything.

· Registered
11,858 Posts
I wonder if there is something distinctly “west coast” in theses stories of irresponsible parking and incompetent enforcement of rules? You could explain the basic stupidity of self-entitled dolts for the improper parking, but the ineptitude of managers in simply enforcing rules is completely foreign to me.

Is the simple enforcement of rules and standards an unfamiliar part of managing in the libtard world? Or perhaps I'm just reading way much into it.

· Registered
432 Posts
I guess that's what passes for personnel management these days.
Ha! Depends on where you are, probably. But wherever HoP is, so far I'm counting 2 fools against 1. Good luck with those odds!

I will say, as a tangential point to this thread, I've been far less tolerant of people like this. To the extent I've called them out without fear of repercussion. In FL, we have common sense on our side. WAIT!...Outside of Miami, anyway.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts