Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Cobra Classic Deluxe Slashcuts pipes for the VTX R are the same as the VTX C?

According to Cobra's website the part #'s are different, but what is different about them?

Also, I assume that the VTX R is the same for the VTX S, correct?

Thanks.

OhioBob

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody knows???

·
Registered
470 Posts
The R & S pipes are the same but the C model IS different.
Actually, the slip-ons themselves are the same, (same size pipe----baffle size/configuration), what's different is the mounting bracket.

Wade

·
Registered
58 Posts
if im not mistaken the "c" style pipes come straight off the cylinder at about a 45 degree anglt to the pipe where the "r/s" model will actully curve around the crankcase. i have the "r/s" pipes on mine because i thought it looked better. but to each his own. hope i didnt confuse you and that this helps

·
Registered
470 Posts
OOPS!!!......my fault. I thought you were talking about the slip-on's.

Wade

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
I have the Cobra Delux Slash Cuts on mine. Don't know what the difference is other than the rear bracket for the C is shorter.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know if the bracket for the R/S would fit on the C? Or could it fit with very little modding done to the bracket?

Thanks again.

OhioBob

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if im not mistaken the "c" style pipes come straight off the cylinder at about a 45 degree anglt to the pipe where the "r/s" model will actully curve around the crankcase. i have the "r/s" pipes on mine because i thought it looked better. but to each his own. hope i didnt confuse you and that this helps
LowDuck,
I saw your post (see above) and was wondering, did you use the R/S bracket on your C?

Reason I ask is, I am getting some Cobra Classic Deluxe Slashcuts from a VTX S to install on my VTX C bike. I am just wondering if I will be able to use the S bracket on my C bike.

Thanks for your time.

OhioBob

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
They should fit ok, The cobra pipes comes with it's own brackets to replace the oem ones, no need to get anything else. I don't know why the have different part numbers but they should be the same pipes.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LozTX,
Cobra told me that the pipes are the same, but the brackets are different, they said something about the VTX C version bracket is a little shorter than the R/S version.

Cobra also told me I could purchase the bracket seperately, but I was just wondering if anyone has tried the R/S mounting bracket before purchasing the C version mounting bracket.

Just hoping to not spend more money at this time, if I can help it.

Thanks.

OhioBob

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
rsnellman said:
LozTX,
Cobra told me that the pipes are the same, but the brackets are different, they said something about the VTX C version bracket is a little shorter than the R/S version.

Cobra also told me I could purchase the bracket seperately, but I was just wondering if anyone has tried the R/S mounting bracket before purchasing the C version mounting bracket.

Just hoping to not spend more money at this time, if I can help it.

Thanks.

OhioBob
That really doesn't make any sense, If the pipes are the same and the frame and engine are the same on both bikes and they are, why would the brackets be different :?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know what you mean...but that is what they told me.

It makes sense from Honda's perspective to have the same frame and basically the same bike with some minor changes, like fenders, rims, handlebars, seats, floorboards,etc. From that base then it would be easy and cost effective for Honda to reach a wider customer base with the different styles.

And with that thought process then you are right, why would Cobra have different part #'s for the same pipe and basically the same bike.

I will know for sure tomorrow...that is when the pipes arrive.

WooHoo!!! Make some noise!

OhioBob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.