Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a cobra fatty engine guards on my 1300C. I have all the washers and bolts. Question is... How close is the top of the bar to the radiator cover (i have a chrome rad cover). When I put the top bolt in the mounting flange when the stock horn is located. The highway bar is tight against the top of the radiator cover. I didn't even mount the lower section of the highway bars yet. When I pull back to line up the bottom highway bars bolt holes. The top section is very tight against the rad. Any idea.....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I do remember the mounting being a bit tight when I put my first set on my R, but being that it's still at the shop getting a rebuild, I can't say for sure how close it was. I'm sure someone else will chime in shortly.

I did find this old pic, shows that area.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I have the same setup. The crash bar will be snug against the top of the rad. cover. Put the top bolt in lightly, then one side lightly. Put the other side bolt in and tighten both sides bolts before tighten the top bolt.

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up putting a washer between the orginal horn mounting flange and the fatty upper bar mount. BTW. Jef....Why is everything going? You had a spill didn't you? :shock:

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yeah, a cager pulled out of a lot right in front of my, lost it on decel. Insurance and the shop finally agreed to fix it all and not total it. I was kinda banged up, but feeling better. Head still hurts off and on, but it's getting to be more off than on, so that's good. My hip still looks like it's got a softball inside of it, but the bruises have finally started to fade (still looks like a grateful dead t-shirt).

It sucks that the scoot has been tied up "in surgery" because we've been havin' shorts and sandals weather for about two weeks now here, I WANNA RIDE.

All in all, I'm here for xmas with my boys, and the scoot is immaterial in that regard.

Thanks for asking, VTXrosa, those PAIR plates are sittin' here waiting on the bike to return too! (as well as a bevy of other items)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts