Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I'm thinking of getting the Cobra Fatty Highway bars for my 1300S, but I keep hearing that there's clearance problems with the brake pedal. If any of you have these, can you let me know if you have this problem as well. I have a Pro R hypercharger, so I already have use the outside half of the pedal, just want to make sure I don't dump $180 on these and then have to turn around and sell them due to the clearance issue.

·
Registered
705 Posts
dont know about that on the 1300 but i got them on my 1800 with no problem i have a friend with them on their 1300 i will check to see if they have had any problem and get back with you

·
Registered
94 Posts
workman205
I have had my fatty's on for about a week and a half and have not had a problem with them.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
No clearance issues here, just a bit of a PITA getting the crossmember mounted in by myself. You need a really small hand to get the screws started, after that piece of cake. They look great too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I only have a problem when I'm wearing my steel toe boots. 13wides. Otherwise I love them. If you make the tech session at Marks you can try mine out before you buy !!!

·
Registered
9,014 Posts
I also have these bars,and really like em..No clearance issues..The bolts on the top are a little difficult to get started,but not that big a deal..

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I have the Cobra Fatties on my '06 1300C. Brake side is fine with clearance, my problem is with the shifter side with a tight squeeze only when I wear my Milwaukee boots where the toe is taller than my other riding boots. Other than this, the fatties are fine!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fatties

For all you guys with C's, I do appreciate the input. Unfortunately, its apples and oranges since you guys have forwards, and us retro/s guys have the floorboards, which I'm sure makes a huge difference.

Hopefully, I'll run into a few R/S guys at the tech session and see if it will be an issue for me.

But again, thanks to all those that have replied...see you at the session.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hey Greg, if/when you get them, I will gladley help you install them. I live close as you know, and my only cost is beer :D .

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks

Thanks brother,

I'll let u know if I end up getting them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts