Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I think I have all the Mods on my retro done fer the year. Short of new tires and a custom map for the PCIII that i got from Johnny Cheese this week. (Still undecided between white walls or blacks)

Got the Cobra Fatty Freeway Bars mounted up. Kurry pegs attached and rode it a lil over 200 miles yesterday. All i can say is THANK GOD more room for my legs to move around. I was one of the ones waiting for the Kurry Cruiser pegs but once they revealed FLOOR BOARD mounting for them that was a big NO! I dont need anything to crowd my feet on the boards.

Photos of the Cobra Fattys on my 02 Retro

Great Bars look good on the bike with the 1.5" diam chrome. Putting them on wasnt bad. My wife helped me out and I left all the plastic on them while installing. Getting the fastners on is a lil tight but they seem very solid.

All for now... Now the white wall or black wall decision.... The wheels are a pain to keep clean as it is. I wonder how bad the WW's would be.[/url]

·
Registered
78 Posts
When you lean the bike in a tight turn, what scrapes first the bars or the floor boards?

Do the bars scrape?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thus far.....

nothing has scraped yet at all. I have never scraped a board at all when driving. I am running progressive springs in the front and 12.5" progressive 418Hd in the rear. Guess i drive it more liek a cruiser most of the time......

But so far no scrapes or touches. The bar really doesnt hang down past the board out there. Under the bike it is under the radiator but curves up toward the outside a bit.

Hope this helps. When i was looking for photos of the Big bar when i was looking at brands i didnt find but 2 or 3 good pics on this board of them and the photo on the Cobra site is not an X.....

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmmmmmmmmm

roadking....... been told nice hog on more than one ocassion.... good or bad duno.. i just say thanks and move on.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I ordered the same 4 pc seat.

whose bags are those?

They look good.

·
Registered
654 Posts
That's a good looking setup Dave.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Scraping

I've just about worn my left floorboard down to a nubb. I wish I could raise it 6in. I haven't touched the right yet. hmmm, wonder what this means? :shock:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dave,

Could you tell me how you ordered (which part numbers) the highway bars and clamps to fit on the fatty highway bars ?

I like your setup looks extremely sharp.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MadMongo said:
Dave,

Could you tell me how you ordered (which part numbers) the highway bars and clamps to fit on the fatty highway bars ?

I like your setup looks extremely sharp.

Thanks
Clamps for the bars http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=4807&str=11&ID=927348478

offsets for the clamps http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=1343&str=11&ID=927348478

Any male mount peg I went with the retro pegs http://www.hondadirectlineusa.com/stores/product.asp?pid=2235&str=11&ID=927348478 I went with the 4400

I like the set up works very well...

·
Registered
245 Posts
Awsome bikes

Hey Dave your bike is absouletly beeeautiful. Everything looks very smooth. I was pondering the white lights on a 02 S I just bought & now that I see how they look I'm sold!! Mad Mongo yours looks awsome also. You guys have done some awsome work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts