Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While doing the desmog last weekend, I was pleasantly surprised to discover a Cobra FI2000 under the seat. I guess the original owner got this to go with the Cobra pipes. Anyway, I've found a few articles that describe recommende settings with certain filters/pipes, such as Low: 4:30 High 2:00. I think this means for the screwdriver on the trim pots, straight up is 12:00. My question is, are the two trim pots on the front or back of the unit? Which one is for low and which for high? I can understand the full hour settings like the face of a clock, but how do they get, say, 4:30? Does this mean turn the pot past straight up (12:00) to full right (3:00), then as close as you can estimate to 4:00? Or, should I just leave it alone?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
If it runs good, you might consider leaving it alone. But remember, this unit will ONLY add fuel (length injector pulse time).

Here's a couple of good posts on adjusting it. Conventional wisdom here says to turn both pots down to 0 (turn each post CCW till it stops, approx noon position), then ride and adjust each one a little at a time to fix a problem (like decel popping). When I had mine I zip tied it to the flasher relay under the rh side cover, made it much easier to get to and adjust.

http://www.vtxoa.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... structions

http://www.californiavtxriders.com/foru ... .php?t=824

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Per the 3 pot manual... The 3rd pot on the newer models is adjusting for top end/WOT. The left pot controls idle and cruise fuel. The middle pot affects acceleration and power fuel.

As far as I know, the old and new units operate the same....they just added the 3rd pot to which most people wont even use.

Attached below is the default setting that the FI is shipped with. Take note of the '4:30' and '3' positions. Unless the 2 pot unit is different....there is no resemblance to a 'clock face'.

Hope this helps!! Larry

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
316 Posts
If your only mod is pipes I don't think you will need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.