Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Fellow VTXers:

I have a little extra cash so I am thinking of buying a full exhaust. The two I am leaning towards are either the Cobra Low-Boys or the Cobra Drag Pipes due to the cost. I can get either one for around $300. I just can't seem to make up my mind. I did a forum search too and read lots of good info on both.

Anywho, fellow VTXers who have either the Cobra Low-Boys or Drag pipes, please let me know what you think of them. How loud are the pipes and how do they sound? I also want to be able to remove the baffles and if a rejet is necessary with the stock air box and air filter.

Thanks bros :)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I had the cobra low boy on my X when I first bought it. They are nice pipes sweet not to loud sound, with a nice rumble when cruising. But if you remove the baffles that is a different story talking about LOUD PIPES.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I LOVE MY DRAG PIPES

I RUN THE COBRA DRAGS W/O BAFFLES, AND I HAVE TO SAY THEY SOUND BAD A$$.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I have the cobra drags. love em. Loud but not so loud the guy behind you stays way behind. I couldn't imagine how loud they would be w/out the baffles. My brother has the deluxe slash cuts on his intruder 1500. no comparison. not much louder than stock. go with the drags you'll love 'em.

wood42

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I have the low boys & am very happy with them. Plan on removing the pair valve whichever you choose.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Lo-Boys

I have been very happy with my Lo-boys. I have the baffles in. They are just right, not too loud when someone is on your right side, but if you jump the throttle, heads turn. Can't comment on the drags.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for the responses and info. According to all the info both pipes not only look good but also sound good. Its a tough decision.

I am going to go with the Drag Pipes over the Low-Boys mostly due to the cost. I can get a set of the Cobra 2in Drag Pipes for just under $300.

If I plan to run the Drag Pipes without the baffles will I need to rejet? I plan on using the stock air box and filter.

·
Registered
289 Posts
you will definatley have to rejet.

·
Registered
417 Posts
pipes

I just took the Cobra drags off today. I pull stock mufflers on. Bad move, I will drill the stock out tomorrow, but will probably go back to the LOUD version. It is just not the same bike with the stock sound. By the way VTX4Brent I live in Clinton. Send me a private message, would like to talk. IC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts