Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a set of Cobra slip ons put on my bike(by Dealer) sounds great no need to rejet, no pops, runs great. The problem is with the look.. On the bottom pipe the covers that come with the cobra exhaust are not lining up properly with my stock pipe, theres a big gap. anyone else have this problem. Dealer said theres nothing else he could do to get it to line up better.

It does'nt affect performance, but it cosmetically does'nt look as good as it should.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have no gap. Mine are all lined up perfectly. I would say he done something wrong. He may of put the bottom heat shield on the top and vice versa. Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
hack44030 said:
I have no gap. Mine are all lined up perfectly. I would say he done something wrong. He may of put the bottom heat shield on the top and vice versa. Just a thought.
dito.

I remember the instructions were kinda confussing. bet he got one on backwards or wrong one on the wrong pipe. they only go on one way. I struggled with this on mine, but finaly got it right.
can you post a pic of the gap?

·
Registered
174 Posts
What hack and pepsx said. The wrong heatshield on the wrong pipe.

planman

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
planman said:
What hack and pepsx said. The wrong heatshield on the wrong pipe.

planman

The one he's got on the top pipe is the smaller one (4/12 inches long) and the one on the bottom pipe is the longer one (6 inches long).

Is the longer heatshield the same diameter on both ends? If not thats probably the problem.

Is it it easy to fix myself (dealers got the cobra directions) or should I take it back and have the dealer do it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The shorter one does go on the top. If I'm not mistaken, I had to jockey around with mine to get the best fit. The longet shield has a bit of a bend to it. They are easy to maneuver. They're held on only with a hose clamp.

Let me know what you come up with.

Mike(planman)

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
they clamp on easy but, if they screwed it, I would make them fix it. so maybe the next guy they do it for will be done right.
but if you dont want to go thru the hassel of taking it there, waiting for it bla bla bla, fix it, then take it to them and show them and just say na na na na na na......

·
Registered
177 Posts
any other pics of the cobra slippons and do you lile the sound from the or do you think it would be better to buy the whole system? I'm just trying to get ideas, I'm only going to buy pipes once.....

WermZ

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
different strokes for different folfs, I personally love them and they do get louder after time.
I like being able to be quiet when i need to be, sneeking out of the hood before 6AM to go to work keeps the peeps happy, but when you want to make some noise for a cager not paying attention, get on it and it [email protected]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys for all the help.. this site is the best!! He had the bottom heat shield on backwards. I did take it back to the dealer and he fixed it and apologized. I told him no biggee..now he knows how to do it right for the next guy.

As far as the sound.. I LOVE it... as everyone says, they are quiet when they need to be and Loud when you get on them. I could not be happier.
No rejet..no backfires.. no pops..did not mess with pair valve either.

The dealer matched the price on-line for me also $244.00 and tax plus $32.50 to install them.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
glad you got it fixed. now lets make some noise! crank it!

U

·
0 Posts
fpe said:
Thanks guys for all the help.. this site is the best!! He had the bottom heat shield on backwards. I did take it back to the dealer and he fixed it and apologized. I told him no biggee..now he knows how to do it right for the next guy.quote]

Dealers...ya gotta luv 'em. Thank God they didn't go into Medicine 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts