Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Cobra Speedsters on my 05 1300 R. Doc Recommends for my hearing that I go back to stock pipes. Do you think it would be a good trade to somebody in my area (Southern California) the following proposal.

My Cobra Speedsters in exchange for Stock pipes. No money changes hands. You do the work for both bikes. In other words I will give you my pipes if you exchange the pipes on both bikes.

My other question. How difficult is it to change out myself. If I sell my pipes and buy the stock ones?

I have a Hypercharger on intake. Will I need to rejet or air mix after pipe exchange??

Mike:dontknow:

·
Registered
995 Posts
If you have any mechanic skills at all.....not a hard job. I wonder if the reason is for hearing.....I would think regardless of pipes, you'd want to use ear plugs due to wind noise and such on your ears. If you used ear plugs then you could just keep what you got. And ear plugs are a lot easier and cheaper than changing. A ton of guys use ear plugs just for that reason and nothing to do with pipes. Just a thought. I've thought about using them myself for that same reason.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I put the quite baffles in my Cobra Speedster slashdowns and it brought the noise level WAY down. They still have a nice deep rumble and sound good when you crack it but not nearly as loud. To get the quiet baffles cost about $20 and about 1/2 hour to an hour to put them in. That is the route I would take. Plus if you stuff in some ear plugs you will not be able to hear a thing...

·
Registered
481 Posts
Get a new doctor...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cobra speedsters

Thanks Guys;
I as well have the quiet core baffles. Maybe part of my problem is wind buffeting. I am going to be getting MS Batwing. Hopefully this will give me cleaner air and less wind noise.

Thanks again;

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
..wind buffeting is the major reason I always wear ear plugs when riding with any helmet other than a full face...I keep telling my riding buddies they should do the same...all they say is......"what?..I can't hear you".......dumbasses..

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Id try to find some nice quiet baffles. My dad has the cobra quiet core baffles and they do quiet it up a bit, but there's still a huge difference over stock. HK Res-Tec's sound pretty close to stock, and the mufflers are removable if you ever wanna make some noise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts