Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have found out that not having any storage is more of an issue than i thought after selling my shadow 750 with huge saddles. I like to run into town in the morning for coffee at the local tim hortons but i used to bring one back for the ol lady which i could not do anymore. I fabricated a mount that slides into the old rear peg post after i cut it off. Did a test run into town with water in a cup to see if it would leak which it didnt. I think it will be a good addition for convenience.

Attachments

·
Registered
918 Posts
On my GL1800 F6B I did something similar. The passenger pegs are attached with two bolts to the frame. I removed the pegs and installed a flat vertical piece of steel about 10 inches high using the original bolts with some standoff spacers in the back. Then I attached a standard bicycle water bottle holder on the piece of steel. The whole thing is very easy to remove and the holder can be adjusted for wider bottles. The GREATEST find was this water bottle with a straw, one hand operation and it keeps the contents hot or cold.

Reactions: DrDolittle

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Was that picture AFTER the ride back? If it were me, I would carry a clean sealable insulated coffee mug. Just get the coffee and pour it into the sealable mug, then carry that in the holder. This will 1 keep it hot, and 2 prevent spilling especially with as much vibrations as our bike makes.

I have this mount that I can quickly mount, or remove as needed. I can just toss it in my saddle bags in case I need it while I'm out.
Amazon.com: RAM MOUNTS Level Cup 16oz Drink Holder with RAM Tough-Claw Mount RAM-B-132-400U for Motorcycle, ATV/UTV, Bike : Electronics

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I made it 10 kms back home and brought the bike up to 90km/h. Not a single drop of delicious coffee wasted. My mount is small and flat enough to fit easily in any pocket when not in use.
Nice. Just be careful, part of the structure that keeps the cup together is the lid, if it pops off, you may find the cup buckling in on itself with coffee going everywhere (if it is anything like the Starbucks cups). I've had coffee going everywhere because the barista didn't properly snap the lid on, and that was just on the walk out to my truck.

But it does look nice, and hopefully will continue to function as it did!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts