Honda VTX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was getting ready to put my bike up on the stand and start taking it apart for tires, neck bearings, and shock bushings and decided to go for a quick spin. Rode around 5 miles and boy did it feel cold. After I got back inside , I checked the weather on my computer and found that it was 19 degrees, my wife wasnt very happy with me, but I had to get it out of my system:rolleyes:

·
Registered
498 Posts
I know how you feel. In late November our club did an "Operation Safe Kids" run with the police department and when we started out in the morning, it was 24 degrees.
Brrrr, that's cold weather riding!

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
I had to go for a ride today as well. Went about 35 miles before I was done. I did stop at my office to warm-up because I was passed the cold hands thing and couldn't feel my fingers anymore. It was 21 degrees when I got home. I think I just need better gloves.
My reasoning was, I got new tires today... I had to go for a ride to test them out.

Tom

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I rode today in the cold rain. I can handle cold and I can handle rain. But a cold rain really goes thru you quick. At least it was a light rain. We're not like Arizona where everythings dry: dry heat, dry rain, dry.... In Arkansas it's just plain wet.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
Arizona

Yes it was cold today think it only got up to about middle 50s here but rode 100 miles in the cold...

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
I went on a pgr mission a couple weeks ago, and it was 9 degrees when I left. It was a 15 mile trip ea way. My hands got pretty cold. I did a wind chill cal. and @ 65mph that would be -20 below. Glad those don't pop up during those temps on a regular basis!

·
Registered
544 Posts
My wife wrecked our van a few weeks ago and needed my car. I ride pretty much year round but try to avoid temps below freezing. I found out the other day just how cold 13 degrees is. I tried going faster to get the trip over with but that just made it waaaaaay worse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts