Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife and I rode to visit my folks Friday night to the U.P. It was 30 degrees when we pulled in at 9:20 p.m.Thers still some snow on the ground and ice on Lake Michigan.But 30 degrees and going 70 mph makes for a hell of a wind chill.Still,glad we took the bike............rootney3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,824 Posts
I've riden in those conditions also. It sucks!! Where in Rockford are you? I live in South Beloit. Maybe we can hook up for a ride some time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Where'd you go in the U.P.? I'm from up near dere, hey! (Northeastern Wis).
Great trip in theSUMMER :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike

Good meeting you at Bopp's 2 weeks ago :!:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,616 Posts
Bopps said:
Where'd you go in the U.P.? I'm from up near dere, hey! (Northeastern Wis).
You southerners kill me! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
bluto said:
Bopps said:
Where'd you go in the U.P.? I'm from up near dere, hey! (Northeastern Wis).
You southerners kill me! :D
I should'a said "up near dere, ay, ya'all! :lol: :lol:

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
786 Posts
Wind Chill calculation says 30 degrees with 70 mph wind means it feels like 9 degrees.

Hey, would it feel as cold if you were on that Artic Cat sled? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,015 Posts
Redbird said:
Wind Chill calculation says 30 degrees with 70 mph wind means it feels like 9 degrees.

Hey, would it feel as cold if you were on that Artic Cat sled? :D
The probably would have been dressed a bit better for it though. Too cold for this southern boy. :?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yah hey der

We went to Escanaba,MI...I love the U.P..The winters are a bit long.They say there are 2 seasons,winter,and a few weeks of bad sledding.Where you from ,Mike?We used to camp somewhere different in the U.P. every summer.One end to the other.Some of it is pretty as you can find anywhere...........................rootney3
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Re: Yah hey der

rootney3 said:
We went to Escanaba,MI...I love the U.P..The winters are a bit long.They say there are 2 seasons,winter,and a few weeks of bad sledding.Where you from ,Mike?We used to camp somewhere different in the U.P. every summer.One end to the other.Some of it is pretty as you can find anywhere...........................rootney3
I'm from a little village called Lena. You must have gone up US 41 through Oconto & Peshtigo. Lena is on Route 141 about 7 mi west of US41 (on the way to Iron Mt., MI). Been to Escanaba many time. Have friends in Houghton who own the B&B Bar, best jalapeno pickled eggs in the WHOLE wide world.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,616 Posts
Re: Yah hey der

Bopps said:
...... Have friends in Houghton who own the B&B Bar, best jalapeno pickled eggs in the WHOLE wide world.
And Mike should know! Is there an establishment in this country that you haven't "sampled"! :D You outta write a book man, you could make a killing! Just remember it was my idea :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
513 Posts
Re: Yah hey der

bluto said:
Bopps said:
...... Have friends in Houghton who own the B&B Bar, best jalapeno pickled eggs in the WHOLE wide world.
And Mike should know! Is there an establishment in this country that you haven't "sampled"! :D You outta write a book man, you could make a killing! Just remember it was my idea :wink:
I think Skinny's got me beat :!: :!: :lol:

As for the book, I can remember the places, just can't remember what (or who) I did there :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,616 Posts
Skinny might have you beat for WI but you got the rest of the country covered! :wink:
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top