Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been working on this for the last couple of days and thought I would put it here for anyone who wanted a copy. The original schematic was an 03 but I had removed the fuel pump. If anyone wants it with the fuel pump let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
The horn pigtails are Black and the top one should go to Ground(Green).

The Optional Foglight connector middle wire is Black/Brown the speedo/taillight/Run(Position)light/license plate light.
I know the error was corrected on the 2006 Honda schematic.

VSS +12v is also Black/Brown
Clutch switch pigtails are Black.
"Gr" is Gray (wire color box)

It is difficult to see the "stripe" color. Not much space to get all in.
My eyesight is getting worse, I have to stop looking now.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The horn pigtails are Black and the top one should go to Ground(Green).

The Optional Foglight connector middle wire is Black/Brown the speedo/taillight/Run(Position)light/license plate light.
I know the error was corrected on the 2006 Honda schematic.

VSS +12v is also Black/Brown
Clutch switch pigtails are Black.
"Gr" is Gray (wire color box)

It is difficult to see the "stripe" color. Not much space to get all in.
My eyesight is getting worse, I have to stop looking now.
Thanks for catching that I am updating. not to sure what you mean by 'speedo/taillight/Run(Position)light/license plate light.'

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
That was a quick repair! Looks good! Put your name/handle on it - you made it different!
Fuse B is "speedo/taillight/Run(Position)light/license plate light" plus the Optional Fog light.
I noticed the Green/Black is missing a splice "dot".
Any thought as to putting the wire color next to a wire at one place or a chart.
I cannot identify the stripe colors. Ex: (Y/Bu and Bu/Y are Ign coils to ICM) (G/Bl is VSS and Speedo unit ground)
I will try to upload the 2006 schematic, it is the first time Honda showed the Yellow 14 pin Ground bus.
After 2006 - two fuses changed to higher current

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was a quick repair! Looks good! Put your name/handle on it - you made it different!
Fuse B is "speedo/taillight/Run(Position)light/license plate light" plus the Optional Fog light.
I noticed the Green/Black is missing a splice "dot".
Any thought as to putting the wire color next to a wire at one place or a chart.
I cannot identify the stripe colors. Ex: (Y/Bu and Bu/Y are Ign coils to ICM) (G/Bl is VSS and Speedo unit ground)
I will try to upload the 2006 schematic, it is the first time Honda showed the Yellow 14 pin Ground bus.
Thank you. I should have said in the title that this was the schematic for an 03' 1300. in which the schematic doesn't have the middle wire in the optional fog lamp and the wiring for the turn signals are different. Everything else is pretty much the same though except the fuel pump. I should put that back in. I will make the striped wire color coded and add it into the schematics. Thanks for that suggestion.

I have both schematics here in color
http://vtx.guardian247.net/schematics/schematic.html

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
You did say for a 03, it was in the 1300 board, all is well.
The Opt fog middle wire, no color assigned on the schematic but Black/brown at the connector.
They showed it going to light Blue wire. Corrected on 2006 schematic.
Turn signals different??? Should all be the same. Basic Honda color code on 1300, 1800 and more.
Fuel Pump--I would not worry about it. If a new person logs in and has a 03 1300 I tell them they have an electric
pump and convert to gravity flow when it fails.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You did say for a 03, it was in the 1300 board, all is well.
The Opt fog middle wire, no color assigned on the schematic but Black/brown at the connector.
They showed it going to light Blue wire. Corrected on 2006 schematic.
Turn signals different??? Should all be the same. Basic Honda color code on 1300, 1800 and more.
Fuel Pump--I would not worry about it. If a new person logs in and has a 03 1300 I tell them they have an electric
pump and convert to gravity flow when it fails.
Turn signals are different connectors on the schematic from 03 to 06. my 05 has the same connectors as the 03 schematic. The 06 looks like a molex connector

·
Registered
161 Posts
What software?

I have been working on this for the last couple of days and thought I would put it here for anyone who wanted a copy. The original schematic was an 03 but I had removed the fuel pump. If anyone wants it with the fuel pump let me know.
That is pretty sweet. What software are you using for this?

I have an 1800 that I would love to have color diagram for... especially since I am in-process of changing the hand controls and the wires on each side of the mating connectors won't match up with I am finished. A color as-built would be great.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is pretty sweet. What software are you using for this?

I have an 1800 that I would love to have color diagram for... especially since I am in-process of changing the hand controls and the wires on each side of the mating connectors won't match up with I am finished. A color as-built would be great.
I am working on the 1800 for the 06 year. Won't have it up til next week, Sunday or Monday

believe it or not I used GIMP for this

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts