Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Colorado Springs and had the day off so I took my 2002 1800 for a ride up Highway 24 to Highway 67 and out to Deckers for lunch. The weather was great and it was nice to get a few twisty’s with the new to me Bike. On the way back towards Woodland Park I got a shot with Pikes Peak in the background. Any other Colorado riders out there?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
I live up in Denver. There are still a few VTX riders around.

We used to have a bunch more - there was a rally called Coloradical. I would guess it died out around 2010 or so? I went to a few for rides back in the day.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'A few twisty's'? Hwy67 is NOT a few, it can get NASTY :surprise:. But awesome!
They certainly have a few signs cautioning motorcyclists on that road.... It was great to get out and get the feel for the bigger bike on the curves... It's a lot different from my Honda Hawk 650GT.... :grin2:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I live up in Denver. There are still a few VTX riders around.

We used to have a bunch more - there was a rally called Coloradical. I would guess it died out around 2010 or so? I went to a few for rides back in the day.
Coloradical may need to make a comeback.....:grin2:

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
thats how the last one started - people sort of built a ground swell of support.

FWIW, they used to stay at the laquinta off of arapahoe road. July is a SUPER busy month though. might be easier if everyone stayed out by the airport. for a weekend it will be much cheaper.

Some of the rides were fun - the bishops castle ride was my favorite. I got drenched with zero rain gear and nearly died of hypothermia. even with the near death thing it was great.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats how the last one started - people sort of built a ground swell of support.

FWIW, they used to stay at the laquinta off of arapahoe road. July is a SUPER busy month though. might be easier if everyone stayed out by the airport. for a weekend it will be much cheaper.

Some of the rides were fun - the bishops castle ride was my favorite. I got drenched with zero rain gear and nearly died of hypothermia. even with the near death thing it was great.

Just rode to Bishops Castle last week..... :grin2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts