Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We want to make sure you don't miss any of the event details!

Here is a brief overview of the plans that are in place. If you have any questions or need any clarification let us know.

We have purchased Rockies baseball and fireworks tickets for Monday July 4th. The tickets are $19 each. This is by far the best fireworks show in town with a great evening of entertainment. You don’t want to miss this fun evening with friends!

The Sunday BBQ will be done by Bennetts BBQ this year. They did that great tasting BBQ you had in year one! Great food to cap off the day of riding and biker games.

The logo has been selected for the 2005 VTX Ride in July. It's going to look great on the tee shirts and ball caps. We will add Ride in July with the dates on the bottom. Hope you like it as much as we do!

We are planning to start taking orders for the Rockies tickets, BBQ and event wear the week of April 18th.

Don’t forget to get your hotel reservations. You can book now with no cost and should the unthinkable happen you can cancel up to 6 PM of your check in day with no penalties. There are still plenty of rooms available at either hotel.

Here is a link to the Event Hotels … Click Here!

We are currently 12 weeks out and counting! Be sure to invite your friends we don't care what they ride!

Colorado July Ride Event Page

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Sounds like another GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besure to put me on the list for a shirt or two. I don't wear hats much... it is a hair thing.... lol...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Year 3 of many!

Can't wait :D !!!

Wilbur last year I missed out on getting my pic on "The Bike"... not gonna let that happen again I hope!

Amazing riding folks! Don't miss out on seeing and riding with hundreds of unique bikes through the outstanding Colorado mountains and passes!

When is the last time you road to the TOP of a 14,000+ foot mountain with a paved road all the way? Just one of many rides... slow, fast, high, flat, the choice will be yours!

Gonna be FUN!
Russ

·
Registered
166 Posts
Cliff that is a sharp logo. I'll be signing up soon.

Mac from Durango

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VERY CLOSE!

Road Runner said:
How far is this event from Denver?
The Denver Tech Center (DTC) is just south of Denver maybe 5 miles or a bit less.

If you are looking at a map of Colorado, find I-25. That is the main north - south highway. Look for Arapahoe Rd off I - 25 and you are there!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Re: VERY CLOSE!

Cliff said:
Road Runner said:
The Denver Tech Center (DTC) is just south of Denver maybe 5 miles or a bit less.

If you are looking at a map of Colorado, find I-25. That is the main north - south highway. Look for Arapahoe Rd off I - 25 and you are there!
Our corporate office is on Chester. Perhaps I need to ride up there and work from the corporate office that week. :)

Hey, bossman, you readin' this? I need to go check on things at HQ in July.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: VERY CLOSE!

JamesC said:
Cliff said:
Road Runner said:

Our corporate office is on Chester. Perhaps I need to ride up there and work from the corporate office that week. :)

Hey, bossman, you readin' this? I need to go check on things at HQ in July.
You give me the phone number and what I need to say and I'll give em a call. Actually post his phone number here and we'll all call him! :pepper1: :pepper1:

·
Registered
369 Posts
He reads the board. He just bought an '05 Silver Retro.

·
Registered
278 Posts
"Hey Boss"! Such a great employee you have!

I'm sure he would even consider staying at the much less expensive (than Denver) hotels just south of Denver... say off of Arapahoe road for example?

Then again, maybe YOU should come too! You could "sneak" around on your bike and spy on him :lol:

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
JamesC said:
He reads the board. He just bought an '05 Silver Retro.
Man, if my boss read the boards, I'd be fired for spending too much time here :oops:

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
Nice Job on the logo! We have been getting ready for CO...got the trailer kit and its done, got the hitch on the bike this week...next is bike wiring and then practice practice practice. Took the trailer around the block when we got the hitch on, seems to ride just fine behind "the girlfriend" when its empty. :D Man all the things you learn about pulling a trailer behind a bike, it is different in some ways than pulling a 3/horse slant gooseneck. :wink:

This forum has been very helpful with info about trailering if you've been thinking about it for your VTX...

http://forums.delphiforums.com/MCTrailertowing/start

Hey Wilbur, you riding the yeller VTX or the Patriotic Bike? Am thrilled to be seeing you and either bike!!!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rental

Road Runner said:
OUCH......Shipment....AWeeeeeeeeeee. :lol:
You guys know any VTX 1800C or 1300C bike rental shops up there?
I called around looking for a VTX Rental, so far no luck. I did find a shop that would rent Wings and Valks but not the VTX. Let me look a bit harder for you. I'll keep you informed with what I find.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Road Runner said:
Lookie here Road Runner! Just happened to find this outfit. They say they rent the VTX. If you want, I can call them tomorrow and confirm for you.

Blue Sky Motorcycle Rental Denver Colorado

·
Registered
201 Posts
Cliff said:
Road Runner said:
Lookie here Road Runner! Just happened to find this outfit. They say they rent the VTX. If you want, I can call them tomorrow and confirm for you.

That's way cheaper than shipping my bike.
I'm calling tomorrow...see if they have the Big Dog Mastif.
Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Cliff said:
Road Runner said:

well I'll be darned, that may be the first place to rent VTX's anywhere. Although that Buell Blast for $99 bucks a day looks fun. (ducks into foxhole) Cya, Lep

·
Registered
201 Posts
Re: Rental

Cliff said:
Road Runner said:
I called around looking for a VTX Rental, so far no luck. I did find a shop that would rent Wings and Valks but not the VTX. Let me look a bit harder for you. I'll keep you informed with what I find.
Thanks,
A friend of mine that I'll be staying with provided several bike rental shops to choose from.
and she is right down the road from the hotels you guys are staying at.
She wants to know if this "Base Ball Game" with the fore works, is the big major league type game?
If so she goes to those games every year....tickets get sold out early.
She wants to know if she should buy tickets for me when she gets hers?.....Is this the game you guys are refering too? Who's playing.
I have my lodging arranged...just waiting to confirm travel.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Last summer I rented a V-Rod for $49/day unlimited miles, I buy gas in Casper, Wyoming. I had to egoiate with them for a while...
My StateFarm insurance covers my rental vehicls,including a bike. But then for what I pay in premiums, it should.
Just a thought.
Dave

1 - 20 of 30 Posts