Honda VTX Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am talking with one of the members on here about buying his Ultimate Big Boy seat combo for my 2007 1800T. With all the knowledge on here, just thought I would bounce it off you folks, before I decided to pull the trigger (so to speak). I know most of the advantages of the seat, but concerned if there is any "downside" of replacing my Mean City Cycle modified stock seat with the Ultimate Big Boy. I am 6'-1" and weigh 240lbs.
Feedback would be appreciated. It's a good chunk of change to pay for something that I've never sat on before.
Thanks.

Curious as to what MCC Mod you had done and what is wrong with it?
I just paid for my MCC Mod and the seat is in transport back to me.

FWIW, the research I did on the Ultimate is that the only downside would be that the Big Boy positions you higher than stock which may be an issue for some. At 6'1" I doubt you will have trouble reaching the controls but if your sitting higher it might not feel right at first.
I am 5'7" so I went with the MCC Mods and not changing the Seat Height.
Best of luck with your Decision
Steve

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Curious as to what MCC Mod you had done and what is wrong with it?
I just paid for my MCC Mod and the seat is in transport back to me.

FWIW, the research I did on the Ultimate is that the only downside would be that the Big Boy positions you higher than stock which may be an issue for some. At 6'1" I doubt you will have trouble reaching the controls but if your sitting higher it might not feel right at first.
I am 5'7" so I went with the MCC Mods and not changing the Seat Height.
Best of luck with your Decision
Steve

I have absolutely NO issues with my MCC modification. Was just looking at a possible opportunity to upgrade, if the price was right. If not, I'm perfectly content to continue riding what I have. You'll enjoy the seat, once you get it back on your bike.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts