Honda VTX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wnet on a poker run this weekend and they had a performance shop there at the last stop. The owner was on hand and brought a dyno with him. He told me that if I put aftermarket pipes on my 04 1800C that I would have to buy a power programmer. The people on this site say that I can just put the pipes on and that is all. This guy told me that without the programmer the bike would lean out and hole a piston!
Someone please advise! I have a set of Cobras with baffels that I am dieing to put on!
Thanks guys.....I also met Realbob on this ride, super nice guy, he even bought me a beer at Side Tracks.......thanks Bob

·
Super Moderator
63,763 Posts
It will not go that lean. Many, many members run pipes and intakes with no fuel manager and have done so for years with no adverse affects. 8)

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
and I put Cobras on with the fi2000 and have decel popping, which I'm told means I have to get desmogged. He//, it goes on & on.
Don't get the fuel mgr... trust Spike. My view.
Jim

·
Registered
675 Posts
On most bikes, what your tuner says is true, if you put pipes on a bike it will run lean. This is a general rule with most bikes. The X is kinda' a differant animal, that it does'nt usually do this. Infact my bike and quite a few other bikes tend to be rich from the factory. Put your pipes on and pull your plugs to see if you are rich or lean. If you are lean or want a performance boost get a fuel contoller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts